advertisement

Slide scanning

RichardH

Bodging pleb
My dad is asking about having some of his slides scanned. At the moment I don't know how many he's talking about, so I'm not sure it's worth me getting a slide scanner to do the job for him (though I wouldn't mind scanning a few of my old Kodachrome 25 stuff).

So - any recommendations on a good value (secondhand is good) scanner, or a service that doesn't cost the earth?

hi richard, canon canoscan 4400f, £60- 70 ish good value for money.Fairly easy to use,got mine from Amazon,seems to do the trick.

Tom B.

My HP all-in-one printer has a slide scan attachment. The results look OK to me. I'm sure you can get one on ebay for next to nothing as people buy new printers frequently.

Richard,

If you have a lot to scan a Nikon Coolscan IV or V with the slide feeder widget is the way to go.

Joe

Then there's the view that an Epson 4990/V700/V750 could be what you need if it's more than just 35mm

Richard, if you would like a slide scanner you can have mine - it's a SCSI Canoscan FS2710, it works but I think needs a new bulb (and may therefore not be cost-effective to repair). Includes Adaptec PCI SCSI card. PM if interested. I'm on the verge of chucking it out anyway, so you could do worse than give it a try for repairs (send me a book token if you get it working cheaply ;-)

advertisement

Back