advertisement

Simon & Garfunkel MoFi One Step 45rpm

Tbone50

pfm Member
Has anybody who pre ordered this album from any UK dealer (I did in Jan. this year)
received their copy yet ? copies seem to be flowing out over in the USA according to the blog on Facebook.
Bearing in mind its only limited to 7500 copies worldwide I worry there will be some disappointed people over here, I think we are only an afterthought where Mofi are concerned, we shall see.

I’ve got one on pre-order from my local Indie store. MoFi site is showing this as a pre-order - I don’t think it’s available yet. I’ve checked the Acoustic Sounds store and there’s no sign of this there either.

I ordered it from DeepDiscount months ago, shipping was only $6 but I think I paid over the odds for the set. They are still waiting for stock so they better not mess my order up as I dont fancy going to the secondary market for this.

I'll be very interested to hear other peoples views on this release. To be honest this has never been one of my favourite S&G albums (always preferred Bookends) and listening this afternoon has been a mixed bag. It's a good pressing, some light surface noise on LP1 but generally of the expected standard. I've always loved The Boxer (I bought the single when it came out) but it sounded a bit underwhelming today whereas the title track and Baby Driver sounded awesome. Maybe I'm not the best person to judge but to me this is the weakest of the One Step releases so far.

I have just got round to listening to this tonight. Wow - my favourite S&G album and while, £140 (inc. postage) is a lot to pay for an album, I am really chuffed with this. My copy is super clean and a really flat pressing; the title track, The Boxer and The Only Living Boy in New York are particularly good. Lovely box set to own.

Last edited:
I recieved mine last week..........it sounds absolutly stunning, but the second disc was warped so I have had it professionally flattened (should be with me tomorrow) due to not knowing if I had gone for a replacement or refund it might have had the same problem. Seller is paying the cost of the repair.

Just played mine. Perfectly flat, no surface noise at all. Sounded fantastic. Can’t agree that The Boxer was underwhelming. Not to these cloth ears anyway.

I've had mine a while, very good indeed, for me the stand outs are Only Living Boy In New York, Keep The Customer Satisfied and Baby Driver. These one step ultra cuts are something else!

advertisement

Back