advertisement

Simon Clarke: Climate Change.

George J

Herefordshire member
An inconvenient history.

Here we have an academic examining the complete history of climate change.

The whole issue has been more or less understood for long enough for the whole policy on fossil fuels to have been modified long before the more than obvious crisis today.

I watch many interesting videos on YouTube, and this is more than just interesting. It will take half an hour of real concentration to keep up.

Best wishes from George

It seems to me that the political will is lacking, not just here but worldwide.

This is a problem that requires a worldwide, with no exceptions, effort to achieve any meaningful result.

When London suffered from the smog problems in 1952 a solution was found and implemented, when it was needed.

Climate change may not be as straightforward a problem to solve but it's been known about for long enough that something should have been agreed and acted upon.
Instead, all we get is politicians flying around the world, and contributing to the problem, and enjoying themselves at our expense and nothing is actually achieved.

The much talked about 1.5c increase has now passed and the future is bleaker than it could have been.

Don't any of our leaders have children and grandchildren that they care enough about to want to actually do something?

Andy

Don't any of our leaders have children and grandchildren that they care enough about to want to actually do something?
I think they do, they just care more about their re-election. It would not be hard to come up with laws that would have significant positive effects, like say an environmental tax on the worst offending foodstuffs like meat (especially red meat), cheeses, coffee etc. But it would be very unpopular..

advertisement

Back