advertisement

Silly things that amuse

If you're not an anthill or dead tree, you'll be fine.

But that nose... :D

Fab nose indeed. I wonder if they're trained to sniff for human diseases? (like dogs, & pelicans do). Imagine your doc introducing an aadvark into the room to sniff at your flank for cancer.

Reminds me of when my old man used to say, after he’d finished a paint job, ‘a blind man would be pleased to see it’.
He wasn’t that good a painter.

The last picture doesn't deserve to be in this gallery in my opinion, though I can see it splitting opinion. In conception, not just eyebrows but a feature, and in execution, clean enough.

The last picture doesn't deserve to be in this gallery in my opinion, though I can see it splitting opinion. In conception, not just eyebrows but a feature, and in execution, clean enough.
A curious, original mono that's for sure. This creature looks reasonably intelligent too. I think it's possibly brilliant.

Silly American names too? 2 I read of recently: Raven Terry, & Sherry Ginn. Mind you there is a bbc R4 producer called Donald McDonald which I like too.

Please add any funny 'mericun names if only for my amusement. Apologies to any US pfm'ers.. but you do have a proclivity for very silly christian names.

Happy Christmas to y'all on pfm.
Capt.
E9-F9-E1-CF-6-D3-E-4823-85-EE-32-F20-DEBADFF.jpg

Many, many years ago, whilst enjoying a particularly hot coffee in the cafe of Stafford station ("This is Stafford, this is Stafford" - the announcer would always say), I overheard two women talking about one of them visiting London the week before.

"Well, we caught the train here and it was direct in to London", says one.
"Oh, that's good. Which station in London did it arrive at?", t'other replies.
"Oh, you know, the station that begins in H. Oh what's its name? You know it, the one that begins with H".

Between slips I'm thinking to myself, trying to recall a mainline station in London that begins, with the letter H...and for the life of me I'm not getting anywhere...

"Begins in H. Hmmm, let me think", says the t'other one, "H...H...H.."

I can see their brains twirling.

"Oh, that's the one", says the first woman finally remembering,"Houston, that was the station's name. Oh yes, Houston, the train came in to Houston!"

Is was a good job I had no coffee in my mouth...

1105-F158-6-F41-42-A7-A741-A5-B448-E3-A3-C2.webp
Magnificent mural just gone up in Northampton town centre..

1105-F158-6-F41-42-A7-A741-A5-B448-E3-A3-C2.webp

Its too ghastly/ pfm couldn't handle it.

Someone put it up?

[QUOTE="The Captain, post: 4900567, meMagnificent mural just gone up in Northampton town centre

bizarrely when I clicked to reply that the image couldn’t be seen it opened in the reply box!

advertisement

Back