advertisement

Signs of the times

8ca43958eedbc6c9ed090d03b362535ee608e828a9b6218757de541c982eb4a2.jpg

I’ve posted this on another thread before, but here it is again.

Would you farmer dinosaurs for their meat, or the eggs?

40345086143_9b295b42c5_b.jpg
[/url]

No pic sadly but while teaching on the Isle of Wight, kids from Brading were sometimes 'interesting' (highest incest rate in the UK at that time, Brading!). Nearby a road sign read:
Caution
Slow
Children.

I lived in Brading for a short while, near the roman mosaic.

Quite a few Tesco delivery vans around here are driving with the logo "freshly clicked" to which someone has joined the 'c' and 'l' together making a 'd'

Quite a few Tesco delivery vans around here are driving with the logo "freshly clicked" to which someone has joined the 'c' and 'l' together making a 'd'

My daughter, who is short sighted, has always read it as 'dicked', and it has sort of stuck. Perhaps one day they'll realise.

On the Portsmouth side of the Gosport Ferry, there used to be a small two storey building with public toilets on the ground floor and an elevator up to another floor with a Cafe and more toilets. There was a sign at street level which read;

“If the toilets are closed, please use the lift”​

Been walking the South Coast path from Swanage today. It’s something called the Jurassic Coast. As we came inland (to a pub, of course) we came across this little masterpiece of self promotion for the local electrician....
48672104447_7c2ac96599_h.jpg

I’d have liked to see the logo changed so T Rex is putting claw into a socket and electrocuting itself, but not bad, not bad...

Last edited:

advertisement

Back