Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Sign in details not being saved

Discussion in 'off topic' started by DAVEDWACK, Oct 27, 2021.

1. DAVEDWACK

DAVEDWACK pfm Member

Up until yesterday my sign in details were fine, no issues. I’ve never tended to sign out when I’ve finished on the forum.

Now, when I access the forum I’m being asked to accept cookies etc. then insert my sign in/password details. I’m still asking for my details to be saved by ticking the appropriate box.

Anybody else having this issue at all? No big deal but just a bit irritating.

Cheers….Dave

2. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

Have you changed your settings in your browser? Are you now managing cookies via automatic browser settings, for example? Might need to whitelist pfm if so.

DAVEDWACK likes this.
  3. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Sounds like a cookie thing. The site won’t work if your browser refuses to save them.

DAVEDWACK likes this.
  4. DAVEDWACK

DAVEDWACK pfm Member

Ah Righto, thanks both. I should mention this is happening on my iPad mini.

I’ll go have a try on both my iPhone se and my iMac, although AFAIK I’ve not consciously touched anything.

Cheers

5. DAVEDWACK

DAVEDWACK pfm Member

Sorted now, seems I must have changed something to ‘private’ inadvertently.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Rug Doc and Sue Pertwee-Tyr like this.