advertisement

Sideways Uni-Pivot Arm, SUPATRAC Blackbird, formerly "Ekos Killer (Price?)"

Just watched the interview; Mikey F was engaged throughout. Remember us common people eh?!

Michael Fremer is no giant. When people are famous you almost expect them to be big. I don't know why. He was very engaging and friendly and fun, just like in his content. We sat in the room for a listen and he asked me to send him an arm. Should I?

Just kidding. Making it now.
Is that how it works? (the industry). Is he buying?

I've nothing but good will for you, but if yer man requires free kit to write nice words then he can jog on, it's just corruption.

.. Unless he is paying then fair play

Is that how it works? (the industry). Is he buying?

I've nothing but good will for you, but if yer man requires free kit to write nice words then he can jog on, it's just corruption.

.. Unless he is paying then fair play
Why would you assume that? He can hardly review it without receiving one. I don’t see any implication that he won’t return it, or pay for it if kept.

Why would you assume that? He can hardly review it without receiving one. I don’t see any implication that he won’t return it, or pay for it if kept.
Why wouldn't I? Could be either way, clarification needed.

I don't read reviews and wouldn't pay any attention, but that's not relevant

I don't think reviewers are expected to buy the items before reviewing them. They are performing a valuable function. When a reviewer has some reach it's certainly in my interest to supply an arm foc because my chief obstacle is obscurity. If you think it's improper, imagine the value of clothes posh spice gets sent every week.

It's great to see you going from strength to strength. It won't be long before demand is so great you will have to take a hard look at improving your manufacturing capacity with everything that entails, including licencing deals (if you haven't already) but these are not problems, simply the challenges that success brings. Once I have decided what my "keeper" turntable is I will be added one of your wonderful arms.
Onward and upwards

I'm very impressed by the supremely articulate explanation of this arm on the Fremer interview. As a Miyajima user, I'm interested to hear about your Canadian reviewer using one, and I also appreciate your choice of AT33SA in demonstrating an affordable system (it's a cartridge with such well balanced virtues).

Though the arm is out of my price range, I seem to remember seeing a picture of it on a Fletcher Omega Point 3 looking very sleek, so the idea of one on my Omega Point 5 is a bit mouthwatering.

I can' see it in the last 8 or 9 pages. If anyone has a page reference for that thread I'd be interested. Or if you have a link to the Canadian review.

If you go to www.supatrac.com and select 'reviews' from the menu, both of hifiaf.com's reviews are there.

I found something about it here:
https://www.audioflat.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=56639&hilit=miyajima+blackbird#p56639

If you search audioflat.co.uk you should find more chat on Adam's experiments. There's also a thread called 'Mono'.

lever.jpg

Today is a good day for digiphobes and linonophobes.

The new bias rig with cup holder for Rega-style lever lifters will be free to existing Blackbird owners.

Those who do not wish to install it themselves can send their pillars to SUPATRAC for part replacement.

For a reasonable fee a new pillar can be ordered with the lever-lifter installed and ready to go so that you have no down time.

I promised I would do it. I'm sorry it took so long, but I have been rather busy.

Excellent, just what I've been waiting for- I'll take two please!

So, now that's sorted, when's the turntable coming out?

Excellent, just what I've been waiting for- I'll take two please!

So, now that's sorted, when's the turntable coming out?

Don't hold your breath for the turntable. I still have a lot to do with tone-arms before I crack that nut. I know how I'm going to build it - I just can't see it becoming a product very soon.

advertisement

Back