advertisement

Shure V15

Peter Stockwell

Back for more ...
Hi,

I've been digging around a bit and it appears that there is a small cult about these cartridges. Does anybody have a V15 III or V15 IV cartridge gathering dust that they'd like to share with me ?

thanks

Peter

Hi Peter

Can't help you with supplying a cart, I'm afraid, but it might be worth narrowing your search down to the III as i don't think Shure provide stylus support for the IV's anymore. If you get a III with an original Shure stylus you can send it to Shure USA and, for $50.00 including shipping costs, they will send you a brand new VN35MR(MR - micro ridge) stylus - the cult that you refer to, I believe, think this VN35MR equipped III to be equivalent to, if not better than, the current V15V.

I've heard one on a TD160/SME3009 combo and it is pretty lovely.

Hope that's of use and good luck with the hunt....

Originally posted by starbuck
Hi Peter

... - the cult that you refer to, I believe, think this VN35MR equipped III to be equivalent to, if not better than, the current V15V.

This is what I'm seeing here and there, and I'm tracking some auctions on Ebay. I'm just deciding how much I want to pay for the pleasure of trying:)

You may find it cheaper, bizarrely enough, to buy a decent-ish deck with a V15 fitted and then sell the deck/arm, as you may well end up with the cart for free.

That's how I got mine, anyway...;)

I believe Martin Bastin does a solid metal body for the Shure V15 111s.

That sounds quite interesting - do you know anything more about it as my quick google search didn't provide much help? I wonder how the - presumably - increased weight affects the tracking of the Shure, and also how it affects the compatability with certain arms?

advertisement

Back