advertisement

Show us your shed ...

The perennial controversy - diagonal battens running the wrong way? ...

There is no controversy. It is either correct or not. Even a shedless nobody like me managed to build a gate with correct bracing..., whilst my neighbour..who masquerades as an 'engineer' got it wrong. ;) Great shed though..

Some magnificent structures and spaces in this thread..though I reckon definitions are being pushed. When does a shed become a 'nearby second home', a 'holiday let', or a 'factory unit'?

I'm about to purchase a little 4x6 toolshed for the garden. Otherwise, I have an exceptionally untidy integral garage..which is likely to stay that way until I can stand and walk properly again.

This is inside half of my office shed, my son blagged the other half the git.

008i3skNgy1gu3edoc14fj60zk0k0dkp02.jpg

And this is my tool shed I built its super thin and built around an old green house hence the bit of brick work

008i3skNgy1gu3edvo5qpj60zk0qo11w02.jpg

And inside. BEfore I destroyed it with my mess lol

008i3skNgy1gu3edsl4ujj60qo0zkagp02.jpg

^That's more like it, the traditional shed, rather than these fancy pants male 'retreats' :).

I'd love to have some sort of wooden lodge in the garden to use as an office, but I just can't find the space to put one in as we've already got a timber shed (full of bikes and paint etc), a brick ex-toilet shed (full of rusty tools and screws/nails/assorted junk), a log shelter (full of....logs), and a greenhouse (currently full of tomatoes, cucumbers and chilli's):

^That's more like it, the traditional shed, rather than these fancy pants male 'retreats' :).

I'd love to have some sort of wooden lodge in the garden to use as an office, but I just can't find the space to put one in as we've already got a timber shed (full of bikes and paint etc), a brick ex-toilet shed (full of rusty tools and screws/nails/assorted junk), a log shelter (full of....logs), and a greenhouse (currently full of tomatoes, cucumbers and chilli's):

That brick shed looks suspiciously like an outside privy there Mr Gas.

It may count, but apparently I can't. That would make 4 sheds. :rolleyes:

Doesn't look like many others have such scruples :D

Anyhoo - I just changed the thread title* to 'Show us your sheds ...' so all is good :)

(*or at least in my head I did...)

-----
EDIT: to acknowledge cross purposes at work here :oops:

Last edited:
... and a right proper clutter it is too - well done!!

I resent that. That is tidy, mine is a clutter. In fact, clutter is too good for it. If you need proof I could take another photo from the opposite angle showing the bike with no saddle or handlebars, the hedge trimmer upended in a plastic recycling box and the RPi birdbox camera snugly waterproofed inside a Tesco carrier bag...

I resent that. That is tidy, mine is a clutter. In fact, clutter is too good for it. If you need proof I could take another photo from the opposite angle showing the bike with no saddle or handlebars, the hedge trimmer upended in a plastic recycling box and the RPi birdbox camera snugly waterproofed inside a Tesco carrier bag...

Hmmm ... unfortunately your shed has clear evidence of tools hanging off of hooks ....
Tools hanging off of hooks is the primary indicator of an uncluttered shed. Everything after that is downhill and would include coiled garden hoses and equipment parked in rows ....
No trace of tools hanging off of hooks that I could see in Suffolk Tony's (admittedly he does have boxes on shelves though, which is not good)

Not wishing to cast aspersions on the apparent state of dishevelment in your shed Mr. Marchbanks, but I do have evidence that, for the sake of trying to out-do my clearly more cluttered shed, you deliberately entered your shed at dead of night and made a pathetic attempt to jumble its contents. I call you a cheat sir!

Not wishing to cast aspersions on the apparent state of dishevelment in your shed Mr. Marchbanks, but I do have evidence that, for the sake of trying to out-do my clearly more cluttered shed, you deliberately entered your shed at dead of night and made a pathetic attempt to jumble its contents. I call you a cheat sir!

It's true I have been entering my shed approaching midnight of late, but that is simply to put away the power cable supplying the Squeezebox Boom after a night's alfresco entertainment (see recent pics on Wine thread.) Any pathetic jumble that exists is purely a reflection of what goes on inside my head.

Anyway, I reckon a shed is an external storage area. Any kind of seating arrangement immediately turns it into an office, a workshop, a (shudder) retreat or even (I can hardly bring myself to type it) a man-cave.

advertisement

Back