Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Show us your shed ...

Discussion in 'off topic' started by miktec, Sep 1, 2021.

1. miktec

miktec unissued

Inspired by some of the excellent entries in the recent 'Tools' photo competition, I thought a thread celebrating the heart of English* Tooldom, the humble shed, might be a good way to stave off the inevitable post-lockdown, post-summer hols, post-boredom boredom ....... etc.

It's not original, I did one ten years ago on a Mini forum and countless others had gone before and since - may indeed have been done on PFM but I couldn't find one in a search.

So here goes - my humble retreat, not looking its tidiest after a day's intensive fencing.....

[​IMG]
    shed mess
    by mik tec, on Flickr

*Sheds located beyond England's borders are more than welcome but may be subject to random charges.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    PhilofCas, calorgas, andrewd and 8 others like this.
  2. Big Tabs

Big Tabs looking backwards, going forwards

I am jealous.

Many, many years ago I had a shed.
    It was a useful space.

3. miktec

miktec unissued

:(

They do say that 'a man without a shed is like a fish without a miniature castle to swim in and out of...'

4. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

Since (I think) there was only one rather embarrassing picture of a shed in the photo comp, I couldn’t help thinking ‘does he mean me?’ so here it is again in all its glory...

[​IMG]

However, what lurks beneath the trapdoor is much, much, much, much more interesting.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  5. Gervais Cote

Gervais Cote Predator

calorgas, MikeMA, Tigerjones and 2 others like this.
  6. miktec

miktec unissued

Of course, the allusion was there in plain sight ...

PS - 'Show us your well stocked wine cellar' has yet to materialise, but I'm sure someone will oblige ;)

7. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Severely jealous of anyone with the space to form even the most basic of workshop, I'd love one.

8. jagdesign

jagdesign pfm Member

Excellent thread. We’re hoping to move soon and I’m itching to build a shed/workshop - pretty much why we’re moving :D

9. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

I don’t have a ‘shed’ Have a garage though.. Am I allowed in?

10. tiggers

tiggers pfm Member

Haven't got any inside pics to hand, but this is the shed complex I built a couple of years ago.... left to right... animal feed/workshop/gardening equipment/lawnmowers/wood store.

[​IMG]

PS Pat on the back to anyone who can see the error in the pic :D

AnilS, tonerei, alan967tiger and 7 others like this.
  11. miktec

miktec unissued

Of course! - my 'shed' is actually an ex-garage (don't tell anyone though ;) )

12. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

Concrete pour a touch too narrow? Doors hit lawn when opening?

tiggers likes this.
  13. miktec

miktec unissued

The perennial controversy - diagonal battens running the wrong way? ...

John.P, Fatmarley and tiggers like this.
  14. -alan-

-alan- pfm Member

15. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Is that an MZ 250?

16. Gervais Cote

Gervais Cote Predator

Yes, yes, yes, pictures please ! :D

17. tiggers

tiggers pfm Member

Top spot :D It's only that door and **** knows why it's wrong, must have had brain fade when I made it.

18. tiggers

tiggers pfm Member

Good effort, but no cigar :D

Rug Doc likes this.
  19. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Is there a messiest shed competition? If so….

[​IMG]

….here’s my man shed, converted from extended workshop. I’m in the middle of making in built cupboards and redecorating spare room.

At the other end of man shed, and not much tidier, is where the more delicate man shed stuff happens

[​IMG]

chris turner, calorgas, nmtjb and 4 others like this.
  20. miktec

miktec unissued

Not yet, but unnaturally tidy and/or over-equipped sheds may be subject to a penalty yet to be determined.

nmtjb and ks.234 like this.