1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Scotland be an independent country?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Deej, Nov 9, 2019.

?

Should Scotland be an independent country?

This poll will close on Nov 9, 2020 at 1:24 PM.
  1. Yes

56.7%
  2. No

34.4%
  3. Not sure

8.9%
  1. Minio

Minio pfm Member

Scotland should do fine as a small dependent country in the EU.

Countries like Latvia and Lithuania do well, so why not Scotland.

England only wants to leave because it sees France and Germany as competitors and not as benefactors.

2. HairyHaggis

HairyHaggis <((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>¸.

ja ja. and a nuclear accident at said faslane would lose potentially in excess of 1,000,000 lives. funny eh? makes you wonder why faslane isn't on the thames, no? i suspect we'd be very happy to hand it back.

3. HairyHaggis

HairyHaggis <((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>¸.

yes it would. we are an energy, water and skills rich country, with resources that make small nations like denmark etc envious. it is a tad wearisome, and indeed curious, that some who have no dog in this fight whatsoever, become greatly exercised over its outcome.

Colin L and TheDecameron like this.
  4. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

This,
    [​IMG]via Imgflip Meme Generator
    It’s also a handy avoidance of pressing matters far closer to home.

HairyHaggis likes this.
  5. TheDecameron

6. Durmbo

Durmbo not French

Funny, I dreamed last night about Scotland becoming independent. Crazy as I live on the other side of the world and have never been there.

My outsider's view is that the UK is run by toddlers and influential unts with a c in front; that the referendum was ridiculous in conception and a mighty cock-up; and that Brexit will a disaster on top of a burgeoning train wreck it's already created without even happening. Under these conditions the eventual breakup of the UK seems inevitable to me - Scotland becoming independent and NI joining the Republic.

7. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

Dreams are strange. Last night I dreamed I was in a bar watching the ITV Soap Awards, when an advert came on for a comedy horror film starring Eddie Murphy. It was called 'Megabus'.

Durmbo likes this.
  8. TheDecameron

Where do you live?

9. Durmbo

Durmbo not French

New Zealand.

10. Funk

Funk pfm Member

Mind you, if you close your eyes and wish really really hard, it'll probably be fine.

11. TheDecameron

I’m a realist. It served me well in business for decades. I hope you don’t mind me asking- do you live in Scotland?

12. TheDecameron

If it’s not Dunedin, I’m going to tell you to mind your own business.:)

13. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

I feel exactly the same way.

14. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Let's broaden it to who thinks we should dismantle the union....every man for himself what!

15. TheDecameron

Did you like watching zombie films when you were younger?

16. Durmbo

Durmbo not French

I lived there from '87 to '00. :cool: Love the place. Moved to Christchurch which was a shithole in comparison, but at the time had work and friends. I live closer to Dunedin now and visit it when I can.

TheDecameron likes this.
  17. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

Being partly Scottish, partly English and partly Irish, I'm about 50% on the Braveheart scale. I embody the United Kingdom, apart from Wales, which is only a Principality anyway.

18. TheDecameron

Did Boswell and Johnson share a bed as well as a tick collection as far as you know?

19. Colin Barron

Colin Barron pfm Member

Absolutely not i appreciate corrections and often add the links to enable debate and abuse.

20. misterdog

misterdog Not the canine kind

Yes, along with Wales, The Isle Of Man and Gibraltar.

The peoples republic of South Yorkshire should also be free.