advertisement

Shops with large stocks of CD's

Fuller

pfm Member
Like many on here I probably buy nearly all my music on CD from Amazon these days.

But I used to enjoy looking round the music stores, too few of them about these days, but regular trips to Birmingham & Bristol used to see the credit card come out at the larger outlets like Virgin or HMV.

So are there any shops that still keep good stocks of CD's, say for example a decent back catalogue of ECM discs.

Unlikely in the smaller towns these days I suppose, but we used to have a day out in London years back and spend all day just going round the music stores, and filling a few bags.

Any suggestions appreciated. I'm in Liverpool & Chester soon, any up that way for example.

I'm not really looking at vinyl btw.

There’s an HMV in Liverpool. It’s about as full as any of these places get with CDs these days (ie not very once you’ve waded past the general merchandise, DVDs, t-shirts, games and, er, vinyl).

TBH I don’t often go in - the tiny, mainly vinyl, Probe Records is about 3 minutes walk away and much more my thing....

Not a large shop but Rays Jazz in Foyles on Charing Cross Road has a pretty decent selection of stock of CDs including lots of back catalogue and a used section.

Not a large shop but Rays Jazz in Foyles on Charing Cross Road has a pretty decent selection of stock of CDs including lots of back catalogue and a used section.

Ray's carry quiet a few ECM (CD's and some LP's) as well and the Foyles classical music section on the same floor is larger than the Jazz shop and carries a wide selection on CD's.

advertisement

Back