advertisement

Shed floor treatment

Hoopsontoast

pfm Member
I have built a new shed/workshop at the bottom of the garden, all complete and treated on the outside.
The floor is 26mm T&G timber but I have not treated that yet, looking for recomendations on a product.

I had thought about a Plywood/OSB board layer on top but as the timbers are 26mm thick already, not sure its really required.

Ideally the as non-slip as possible, clear coat rather than stained or colour painted.

Looking here, bit overwhelmed with the many different products (Wax, Varnish/Lacquer, Decking Oil etc)
https://www.wood-finishes-direct.com/

Not keen on a carpet layer, or rubber flooring or Lino to keep the floor as breathable as possible.

I was told, when I got my two sheds, both with timber floor, not to treat the inside (they didn't specifically mention the floor). However, I did treat the underfloor of one before it was erected.

cant see why, i have sprayed the whole thing inside , especially as i had to rebuild half of it as the previous guy used non tanalised timber and it got dry rot !!

cant see why, i have sprayed the whole thing inside , especially as i had to rebuild half of it as the previous guy used non tanalised timber and it got dry rot !!
I've done the same, as long as the treatment isn't impervious it will allow water to escape.

advertisement

Back