advertisement

Sensible tweaks to an RPI4 based streamer?

And very cool :)
Thanks!

I didn't scroll back the thread until just now (to find out why RPI cases came up). Your Quad case is really impressive! Did you repaint the Quad 33 when you painted the RPi case, or is it just an incredibly close match? It even has the 'grain' just right.

Thanks!

I didn't scroll back the thread until just now (to find out why RPI cases came up). Your Quad case is really impressive! Did you repaint the Quad 33 when you painted the RPi case, or is it just an incredibly close match? It even has the 'grain' just right.

Thank you :)
The match was actually a blend of two car spray colours based on the nearest BS numbers I could find (still have the names and numbers somewhere ...* ) I used MDF for the Pi and the texture worked well together - but just a lucky fluke really.

I did respray an old and battered 33 panel at the same time but I'm pretty sure this one is the original (I have two) but can't swear by it.
I took a photo of the two 33s together and the match was uncanny - unfortunately the respray didn't hold up too well and started flaking entailing another complete strip down.
The second attempt with different primer held better but the respray was noticeably a tad lighter :(

EDIT: * Bs381-389 Camouflage Beige and a light coat of Ford Oyster Gold

How’d he compare them, the G1 doesn't have a digital out like the Allo.
I rechecked and its my mistake. Darko said he preferred the ALLO DigiOne Signature to the Auralic Aries and then held up the curvy cased Aries. No versions mentioned.

I have a couple for the PiHole DNS server and OMV NAS setup and they are good little things. They would make a nice mini me streamer to go with an Audio Innovations S300...

Do you happen to know if the fan can be unplugged & removed for silent running? I'm only running Moode so passive chassis cooling would be more than enough (using the Flirc case at the mo, which is fine but would be nice to have all the socketry on the same edge, which the Argon solves neatly).

Do you happen to know if the fan can be unplugged & removed for silent running?
It is all built in but there are software commands to set speeds for various temperatures through a normal raspbian distro. Both of mine have never been noticeable and both live in the same rooms as the music systems.

It is all built in but there are software commands to set speeds for various temperatures through a normal raspbian distro. Both of mine have never been noticeable and both live in the same rooms as the music systems.

Cheers. Just been looking at some photos of it via Google and looks like it can easily be unplugged, which will save me faffing around with any extra software commands etc.

Another thank you to all those who took time to offer advice.

Having pondered all the comments I have decided to (for once!) to sit in my hands and enjoy the RPI4 for what it is rather than go off down another rabbit hole.

I will look forward to the mooted upgrade on Spotify to full lossless CD quality and see what that brings.

advertisement

Back