Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Selling wedding ring

Discussion in 'off topic' started by lAmBoY, Jun 10, 2020.

1. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

congratulations on the milestone, I hope she's washed her finger since putting it on

2. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

In the days of purchase tax before VAT second hand jewellery at a jewellers was free of tax.
    Big savings were to made if you were skint.

3. Rockmeister

Rockmeister pfm Member

well we can't all be as romantic as you.

4. deebster

deebster Half Man Half Biscuit

I wear one from a marriage that ended in divorce - my nan's. Don't ask. And deebsterette wears her engagement ring, that I am pleased to say did have to be reduced first.

5. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

Was that price or size?

6. Bart

Bart pfm Member

Find the best scrap value you can and then auction it with a higher start price than that.

7. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

My wife wears an engagement ring that she inherited from her Granny. It had 5 huge diamonds. I had to pay to get it remounted and reduced to 3 - still pretty impressive and it does get noticed. It remains a line item on our insurance. Still got the left over two loose diamonds in a safe (not in my house either) that we have to 'do' something with... still cannot decide what is best. Bear in mind we have three daughters. And this year is our Silver Wedding - but Covid has knocked some ideas on the head.

8. CraSh

CraSh Active Member

I had One, bought second hand for about 500 quid several yrs back and when I got divorced I went for a Walk around Hatton garden in London - had offers from 50-200 quid, obvs went for the 200!

Don't take the first offer.

9. misterdog

misterdog Not the canine kind

PM Gerald Ratner for a valuation.

wow&flutter likes this.
  10. lAmBoY

lAmBoY pfm Member

Ah well, when the jewelers open I might take it to get weighed. Suppose I'll have to sell my active kef's to add to the amp fund.

11. Rob998

Rob998 Scimmia Nordoccidentale

When I left Mrs 998 mk1 I polished up my wedding ring (one of those 3 ring Russian style things, yeah, a bit tacky but hugely tactile) to a mirror finish and left it on the mantelpiece with a note that said “Here, my dear”. I’m pretty sure she still hasn’t worked out the Marvin Gaye reference.

12. Big Tabs

Big Tabs looking backwards, going forwards

My wife and I made our wedding rings for each other out of one piece of gold.

I lost the ring from my first marriage. It flew off my finger in a nightclub, didn't realise till the next day.