Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Selling close up accessories

Discussion in 'photo' started by peterm, Apr 6, 2021.

1. peterm

peterm pfm Member

I've just (re)discovered a range of Minolta close up equipment (auto bellows 3 and focus rail, macro stand etc) from 30 - 40 years ago which used to belong to my late father, long since deceased, that since clearing his house has been forgotten in my cupboard for years.
    It's all boxed and the items are still in their individual original polythene bags, with instructions, and show no signs of ever having been used.

Having been a "holiday snapper" in the past this equipment is of no interest to me and I am wondering what is the best way to try and dispose of it.

I assume it's too good to take to a charity shop (and they probably wouldn't want it anyway!).
    Doses anyone have any experience of the dealers who advertise online and buy used photo equipment?

Any advice welcomed as I'm out of my comfort zone with this (I'm usually on the Audio related forums).

2. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive Perceptive Member

3. cctaylor

cctaylor pfm Member

Ffordes will buy outright or sell on commission, disposed of my Canon 35mm gear through them very happy with the results. They are probably best placed to sell on "classic" gear.

4. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

You could try on here in the photo section , I would be intrested if you can email some photos , Are the bellows light tight , No leaks ?
    I have used Ffords before but on a buy only they give you very little , I was dissapointed
    Thanks

5. miktec

miktec unissued

I see no reason why charity shops would not want them (C19 opening permitting) :)
    Some have been savvy to online selling for quite a while now ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/britishh...NSES-ACCESSORIES/_i.html?_storecat=1520802012

6. miktec

miktec unissued

.. Incidentally, worth bearing in mind that the interest for a lot of old photo gear is quite low and prices could be disappointing.

Unless of course the gear in question is much sought after = rare or top brand stuff (e.g. Leica, Hasselblad)
    Run of the mill brands like Pentax, Olympus, Minolta, etc. generally fetch peanuts

7. miktec

miktec unissued

8. peterm

peterm pfm Member

Thanks for the suggestions.

That ebay listing was interesting, just like my bits except that my focus rail and slide copier are in white/blue boxes which, I think, were slightly later.

The items I have are Auto bellows III, Focusing Rail AB-III, Slide Copier AB-III, Macro Stand AB-III, Microscope Adapter II and Extension Tube II. All boxed with instructions.

All appear unused except for the extension tubes.

AudioAl, if you're interested in any of these pm me your email details and I'll try and get some photos to you, otherwise I now have some idea of value to post in classifieds or the dreaded eBay!

Thanks to all.

gavreid likes this.
  9. kensalriser

kensalriser pfm Member

Somewhat similarly, my late father's dozens and dozens of Minolta SLRs and assorted paraphernalia will need to be sold sometime soon. I wasn't looking forward to selling them on ebay, so maybe Ffordes is an option worth looking at - thanks for the tip.

10. peterm

peterm pfm Member

11. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

Hi , Best put it on ebay , I didn't realise they were that valuable

12. peterm

peterm pfm Member

I hope they are!

ebay it is then.