Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

See through speakers

Discussion in 'audio' started by mega lord, Jun 18, 2021.

1. mega lord

mega lord Centre tapped

Could you live with a pair ? Certainly less imposing than traditional enclosures however you might forget they are there and walk in to them :D

How about these ? I like the spheres but not so bothered about the little horns

[​IMG]

2. w00fer

w00fer pfm Member

Too
    Too much like looking at a person and seeing their gallbladder for me!

jimbot2.0 likes this.
  3. stairpost

stairpost Average at best.

I'm glad I've seen them, but I really dont know what to make of them.

4. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

Had Harmon Soundsticks with a Mac years ago, always wondered if they would ever supersize them.

[​IMG]

5. Riotvan

Riotvan Snoofer in the Woofer

I think i’ll just rather close my eyes.

6. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

I'll stick with wooden cabinets, thank you.

7. Simon Dawson

Simon Dawson Angry, Ill & Ugly

Ohh, I bet they sound glassy.

8. Rodrat

Rodrat pfm Member

I have the mini version of the Ferguson’s. I bought them on a whim and have to say they are a lot better than I was expecting. Sadly I have nowhere to put them at the moment.

9. Del monaco

Del monaco Del Monaco

10. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy pfm Member

I nearly bought a pair of them, purely on looks. I then slapped myself back to reality, and bought some Kef 104/2's instead. Wish I'd slapped myself again and kept them...

11. Werner

Werner pfm Member

12. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

A local dealer had a pair of those Arabesque for sale used last year - was half tempted

[​IMG]

13. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

14. zekezebra

zekezebra pfm Member

15. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

I heard some amazingly good sounding perspex speakers at a hi fi show some time ago. They used Manger drivers for the top end. I can't remember what they were called but I'd never heard of them before.... or since! Probably prototypes.

16. H20GNA

H20GNA pfm Member

Lovely clear sound though! :D

17. ABCaudio

ABCaudio Trade: ABCaudio, representing EWA

I think they are, I spent an hour listening to them once at a dealer, with Boulder amps I think. Oddly, it was a coloured sound...

18. TimF

TimF pfm Member

Not for me really, although the Ferguson Hills in the first post don’t look too bad in that space. They might sound darn good too, I have never heard them, but was intrigued when they first came out with them.

19. martin clark

martin clark pinko bodger

Transparent-everything looks fine in ads - in very much the same way no equipment shots ever show powerleads and interconnects, and the perfect white wall behind ... no power outlets.

IRL - the potential for nightmare household cleaning/ windolene bills for dustmarks and jammy thumbprints etc... no thanks!

20. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

It did cross my mind what they'd look like once my cat had slid down them claws out a few times..