advertisement

Second system

Seeing a Cadenza bronze sitting there as an option makes me feel green with envy, I love the Cadenza range (all of them)… my LP12 really deserves a bronze!
Bronze is a superb cart, toss up which I prefer between it and the XX2Mk2.

Gold star if you can name the carts :)

Double gold if you can do the shells :):)

Bronze is a superb cart, toss up which I prefer between it and the XX2Mk2.

Gold star if you can name the carts :)

Double gold if you can do the shells :):)

How do you like the Hana vs DV Amber? I trashed my Karat a few weeks ago. The Hana's are difficult to source at the moment with covid and the suez thing...

Lovely ! If this is your second system, your first must be insanely good !
Never been thinking of these Proac as desktop speakers but I love the idea.........
Thanks, main system is in flux at moment, once it’s put to bed I’ll put a pic onto the System thread, working back from the new speakers Logan ESL 15a on Townsend podiums.

I have had a pair of the ProAc studio range of speakers on the go since the 80’s , starting with Studio 1 Mk2/R2 stands/REL Strata II. I have a REL T7 in the office I forgot to mention. I’m waiting for some SM100 or DB1 to pop up, but in no rush.

Audio has been my main interest/hobby for 40 odd years, rather than a foreign holiday I’d rather buy a tonearm or amp :) The Mrs has her own system but I'm not allowed to post a pic of the bedroom, PT Too/Yammy amp/MA GR20.

Several amps in rotation in my second system, currently using my Onix OA21s, also have an Ion Obelisk 3, Leak Stereo 20 with Khozmo passive pre + not in the shot, Arcam Delta 60 & Proton D540.
Sources are a Rotel RCD-965BX & Raspberry Pi with Allo Piano DAC & Kali Reclocker. Also have a Grundig CD8400 MKll & Lenco GL-75 awaiting restoration.
Speakers are JR149s.
20210611-095135.jpg

TS

How do you like the Hana vs DV Amber? I trashed my Karat a few weeks ago. The Hana's are difficult to source at the moment with covid and the suez thing...
It’s an even handed cart, for me it sounds too safe but I can imagine in some systems it would be the bees knees. Far prefer the AT 33PTGII followed fairly closely by the 10x5. With the Cyrus stage the AT OC9/II sounds too bright/harsh at the top but on my PT with Dino stage it sounded great. An out and out bargain is the new AT 95ML and I would actually take it over the Hana.

I agree. I recently built a system for my daughter in one on those. Not bad at all, pleasant to work in, the holes and tappings are all cut correctly, great looking and a reasonable airflow - they're not really in the spirit of low volume ITX cases but maybe the mainstream is getter there.
The other options I looked at are either a lot more expensive (e.g. Ncase M1) or they use riser cables for the GPU (e.g. SSUPD Meshlicious) which are expensive (esp. for PCIE 4.0) and prone to failure. The H210 isn't small but it's a lot smaller than most ATX cases so I'm ok with it. I did just sell everything but my HD and video card to prepare for our big move, so I'm going to have to start over soon. We'll see what I end up with!

No photographs as it isn’t set up (I am not including the AV system) but my second system would be -
Audiolab 8000a amp. IMF Super Compacts II. Modded Arcam Alpha 9 cdp, I suppose I could take one of the Heybrook TT2’s off the main system if I wanted vinyl reproduction.
I think I have an old Japanese record deck somewhere, but it must be on top of a cupboard gathering dust (?)

I just have a Denon one box set up into Gale speakers, barely gets used, mostly an alarm clock. My WiFi has gone down today & I’ve realised how reliant I am on the interweb.

Mines ‘work in progress’ with a tilt towards the Lloyds building where you show the pipes the whole shebang depends on.
This is exploring streaming for the first time and mostly on the headphones. Not shown is a DACMagic100 and a Durio pro that are quite old but have proved to me there is no linear path with digital.

I’ve also have a mojo. That’s having trouble earning its place….

Linn Man, will you at last show us your guitar or is it just an empty case ?
And those feet..........o_O:confused:
The feet were having a well earned rest, I’m very arthritic and have been out of the house for 14 hours a day for three days this week... they refused to move for the picture.:D

The guitar is a Mexican Telecaster with Seymour Duncan Hot Rail pickups... there’s a stock American one upstairs... arthritis held me back from being able to learn to play properly but I’m hoping my daughter will gather pace with it, she’s very much a beginner, but interested, so the guitars stay out and about to encourage her... although this one needs a restring and setup, I have a set of D’Addario 9s to stick on it but I think I’ll get the guy who sets them up and cleans them to do it. The American one has just had that treatment and she’s playing it more.

Here’s the guitar from the case anyway!

iPqVmoI.jpg

xZkZ6Ic.jpg

The feet were having a well earned rest, I’m very arthritic and have been out of the house for 14 hours a day for three days this week... they refused to move for the picture.:D

The guitar is a Mexican Telecaster with Seymour Duncan Hot Rail pickups... there’s a stock American one upstairs... arthritis held me back from being able to learn to play properly but I’m hoping my daughter will gather pace with it, she’s very much a beginner, but interested, so the guitars stay out and about to encourage her... although this one needs a restring and setup, I have a set of D’Addario 9s to stick on it but I think I’ll get the guy who sets them up and cleans them to do it. The American one has just had that treatment and she’s playing it more.

Here’s the guitar from the case anyway!

iPqVmoI.jpg

xZkZ6Ic.jpg
Nice guitar ! The volume, tone control knobs and backplate are classic, vintage and a real pleasure to the eyes !

Nice guitar ! The volume, tone control knobs and backplate are classic, vintage and a real pleasure to the eyes !
Thanks, it is a lovely thing. It’s tempting to have them on display on a stand, but I don’t like them getting dusty and tarnished, or risking them being knocked over... wear and tear on a stage is just part of the story of a guitar but I’d rather keep them clean... plus it’s a pleasure when you open the case.

advertisement

Back