advertisement

Second Record Price Guide Online?

Uncle Ants

I'm a Shop Keeper
I don't know if its here I've seen it posted or over on ZG, but somewhere on the web there is a guide which seems to track what records have sold for rather than what the asking price was. Can't seem to google it or find it in search. Anyone know?

www.popsike.com - far from complete artist wise, but an excellent resource.

Tony.

Tony you're a star. It had the artist I wanted anyway. I promised to ebay some records for one of the ladies on our Local Exchange and Trading Scheme. She has a few Folk records and I wanted to check out a lady called Marie Little - early 70s, lady folksinger from the North East - self titled on Trailer records - its a very good record indeed, great voice, and a rather good Dobro player in the band. I know these things tend to be a bit cultish - Its unlisted in the RRPG but now I can see that according to Popsike it's sold for between £37 and £72 - she'll be pleased.

I had a hunch about it and just wanted to see if it would be worth spending some to tart up the ebay listing, loooks like it is?

One that isn't listed is a band called Therapy - looks to be self published (its on Therapy label ... ). They are listed in the RRPG for two albums but not this one - says its their third on the back. Manchester based, early 70s folk duo, Irish by the sound of it. Ever come across them?

One that isn't listed is a band called Therapy - looks to be self published (its on Therapy label ... ). They are listed in the RRPG for two albums but not this one - says its their third on the back. Manchester based, early 70s folk duo, Irish by the sound of it. Ever come across them?

Bringing The House Down? It tends to crop up more often than their other albums, in fact I've got one listed in my collectable section at the moment. I bang them out at a tenner, a few quid more if it's signed (most were as it's a private pressing and most were sold at gigs). The unsigned ones are actually the rare ones to be honest!

Tony.

Thanks you are a goldmine of esoteric record knowledge :) That's the one ... unsigned in this case. Still. It looks like Marie Little's the gem here. I wanna keep it, but I can't afford it :)

advertisement

Back