advertisement

Second hand con artists

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ14

O.H.
I have just been dealing yet again unknowingly with a dealer in second hand Hifi. Who told me his beloved Claymore was duff, I upgraded it and sent it back insured via Hermes, No Hermes have told me it was delivered and sign for, end of subject you may think, no way. This human then tell me his has not got it, and after a few weak starts to threaten me by txt. Oh the police have been informed as this txting is illegal.

This is going to stop, I will now not fix any Claymores and will certainly not deal with quick buck merchants that have told big lies.

Colin,

If you feel able to disclose who this is, then I shall ensure that I never buy from him. I'm sure others would take the same viewpoint. There are far too many chancers on ebay selling kit and purporting to be proper dealers.

Yes absolutely, i had exactly the same thing happen to me with an ATC SIA2-150 in 2008, i sold it (to an ebay dealer) it was received and signed for then the toad tried to claim his money back via PayPal - The guy was/is in Welwyn Garden City...

Luckily the cloud had a silver lining, tis how i found PFM (via google) when searching for advice :)

Colin, Hermes are notorious for leaving parcels with neighbours, or signing for it themselves and leaving them in a bin etc or just never delivering them. I am not saying this is the case, but its always best to never send anything of value with a budget 'self employed' courier service. While the vast majority of the Hermes drivers are honest, there is a large percentage that isn't.

However, there are so many ad-hoc scammers out there at the moment, it could quite be your version as well as it could a Hermes failure. Good luck!

[Moderating] Thread now locked as the only place it can lead is the naming of specific dealers and we're not going there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back