advertisement

Searching for a couple of classical CDs

BTC3

pfm Member
Hi there,
I was wondering if any of the experts here might have some suggestions for a good CD version of Grieg's Piano Concerto in A minor and/or Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue?
Many thanks,
Richard

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Agree with the Previn. I have a vinyl version which I believe is the same recording.
Can't help on the Greig, though I'm sure I've got vinyl of it somewhere.
Mull

Thanks guys, I'll get ordering.
In the absence on an SACD player, stick to normal cds or try to find a high def download? My dac theoretically has the necessary to play hd files, and I'm running Audirvana+ on a MacBook. Is it worth it?
Thanks again.

That's a whole different question. It is controversial as to whether any more than red book is required. In any event I wouldn't buy an inferior version just because its hi res. It is possible that the Previn is available on the recent EMI reissue.

Can't go wrong with the Grieg and there are many, many recordings out there. One of my favourites is Curzon on Decca but doesn't seem to be available.

Back when I was collecting key repertoire the Penguin Guide was my bible.

Can't go wrong with the Grieg and there are many, many recordings out there. One of my favourites is Curzon on Decca but doesn't seem to be available.

Back when I was collecting key repertoire the Penguin Guide was my bible.
Definitely, but has there been an edition since 2010?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0141041625/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21
It looks to have been replaced by something more basic and controversial, but the 2010 ed is probably still worth buying

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I would definitely go for Andre Preview for the Grieg

Last edited by a moderator:

advertisement

Back