advertisement

search - Naim Aro components

joethebest

Hi,
i can buy an incomplete aro - only the arm top.
Unfortunately, the complete storage unit is missing (arm-collar, pillar/bearing assembly and so on) and the arm rest.
Can someone offer me the missing parts?

best regards

Joe, a few thoughts. First, I suggest posting this in the classified section -- you may get a better response. Second, have a call to Cymbiosis or Phonography, who may have what you're looking for. Lastly, I understand that the new Tiger Paw Javelin arm is at least in some ways backwards-compatible with the Aro. Maybe the Javelin pillar, etc., may work with the Aro arm top?

Good luck!
Joe

Joethebest has only 5 posts...……

The chances of getting the missing parts, unless Cymbiosis or Phonography can help, must be close to zero.
The chances of being able to sell an arm top are excellent.

Can someone offer me the missing parts?

I'm almost certain that I bought the last arm-collar, pillar/bearing assembly from Naim. Like you, I bought an Aro arm top at a good price, but with bits missing. As I had already bought a Naim pre-fix, I had a spare arm lead and I got a work colleague to make an arm rest, though you can buy these from Cymbiosis now, for £120. Likewise, the bias hanger and weight; the hanger was made by a colleague and the weight I bought from Naim via Cymbiosis for £44. The bottom assembly (which includes the arm pillar etc), cost me £114, from Naim, through Cymbiosis as before. I was told that was the last one Naim had and that was in 2013.

So not the news you were looking for, I know. I was lucky that it worked out alright for me, and now I have two ARO's, one on a Garrard 401 and the other on a Michell Hydraulic Reference.

LLOL

Arm tops were available as separate items, presumably mostly because they allowed very quick swapping of cart's. So, there ought to be quite a number of arm tops out there.

£120 for the arm rest!!!!

Bloody hell it's a bit of bar stock with another bit of smaller stock screwed into it ....and a bolt in the bottom
I'll churn them out all day on the lathe for £100 then and make £80 profit on that.....

You don't need the azimuth weight at all if you make your own counter weight with an off center design
Been there....done that...

advertisement

Back