advertisement

Screwfix click and collect process.

wow&flutter

pfm Member
Anyone used this option with Screwfix? I now have a £515 credit balance on one of my cc cards courtesy of a refund (you can guess from where, it was a long time coming) and would like to buy a decent Dewalt and a few other bits.
My brother has a local Screwfix so I thought I’d pay online and get him to collect, is this possible? I’ve checked on their website but no mention if you need to present the card / id or just quote a ref.

Anyone used this option with Screwfix? I now have a £515 credit balance on one of my cc cards courtesy of a refund (you can guess from where, it was a long time coming) and would like to buy a decent Dewalt and a few other bits.
My brother has a local Screwfix so I thought I’d pay online and get him to collect, is this possible? I’ve checked on their website but no mention if you need to present the card / id or just quote a ref.
I was stymied by this, once, when I failed to produce the ID they’d failed to tell me was required. Had to go home, get ID and return.

Are you able to ring the screwfix in question?

I wonder if you could get your brother to facetime/zoom/whatever you when picking up and you hold the CC up to the camera?

I have done exactly this in Screwfix, about three months ago. A tradesman bought and paid for the thing, he forwarded me the pick up message, and I collected.

I print off the order.
I think online they say bring the credit card but I’ve never been asked for it.

It varies from branch to branch, I use various all over the country. Some aren't bothered, some are.

To be sure, it might be easier to send him the money and get him to order and collect it in case they ask for ID.

I always pay wid PP, and preCV19 was asked for ID.

Only time recently asked was when I bought a blade

I've used Screwfix click and collect a lot. It is very reliable. You need to carry either the text sent to your registered phone or a print out of the email telling you the item is ready for collection. If it is a high value or for adults only item you will need to have the card with which paid for the item and tap the security code into their card machine.
If your brother has a print out and your card there will be no problem otherwise phone their help line and ask for advice.
You could of course have it delivered which would eliminate all this palaver and is free for purchases of over £50.

Hi,
I also use click and collect a lot at Screwfix, pre-pandemic I used to take my driving licence as I used pay Pal, they only seem bothered about pay Pal, as never asked for ID when I have used a credit card.

At the present time you just wave your order text/mail at them.onnyour phone and they dish out the goods.

In short, I would recommend them, they have been good on returns too, however I have not returned anything since the world ended, so not sure how this would affect anything.

S

Thanks folks. I wasn’t aware of a free delivery option, must look into that. Are Screwfix delivering themselves or are they subcontracting it out to a potentially overworked and underpaid courier?

To be honest it’s been so long since I used a cc in person I can’t remember the pin !

I may as well wait till after the festive just in case Screwfix have them as sale items.

Good idea. Toolstation delivery is next day.
We are equidistant from two branches of SF and in each location the SF and TS are next door to each other. I have been buying alot from TS recently as there prices have been keener, and the queues shorter

Locally, pre-lockdown, they always required the purchasing card to be inserted in the machine and pin entered. Currently they only ask for surname and last four digits of the order number.

Willy.

I have never had that at screwfix either, that being said they know me by name in our local one, I love screwfix!

advertisement

Back