advertisement

Sci-fi season finale cliffhangers

Basil

Harbethian
Best one?

I'll start with my personal favourite, Stargate Atlantis S4 'The Last Man'

Pity Firefly can't be included here... but Fox being the arseholes they are, what can you do?

The best ones are always the ones that get cancelled just as it's getting interesting, The US love doing this.

Not sci-fi, but The West Wing Season 2 finale was incredible and with excellent use of the Dire Straits song, Brothers In Arms, is widely considered one of the best season finales...ever!

It annoys me so many good/decent sci-fi shows come to an end without closure. Several examples recently. Good ratings don't seem to matter, if the other side has bigger ratings, never mind it's for something stupid like a dancing show. I wonder if the studio's fickle haste to judge and axe is actually harming their financial fortunes long term. I do wish they would invest in a show properly, give it time and keep the fans happy. Keep them still interested in future ventures rather than cynical that they might as well not bother next time.

Farscape, the final season episode of the last regular season before cancellation left fans creating such a ruckus they had to do a two hour special to resolve the series. Yes I'm a saddo. I have all the DVD's

Well yes, you are for watching Farscape :)

But the principle is the same. It's very annoying.

( and I think long term damaging to the studio )

Farscape, the final season episode of the last regular season before cancellation left fans creating such a ruckus they had to do a two hour special to resolve the series.

This.

Battlestar Galactica had some great twists and turns, but none that were the jaw-dropper, the WTF? of that final scene.

Don't, do not, absolutely do not jump straight ahead and watch it in isolation. The only way to get the impact is to watch everything that led up to it.

I liked Sheldon's dilemma on Big Bang Theory - he wondered if he should commit to watching the Flash as he was concerned that it'd get cancelled after one season.

An important consideration for us all of course - but anyhow he should, it's really good.:D

Stephen

advertisement

Back