advertisement

Schroder Model 2

Looks like the price has gone up by around 30% since before christmas, if my memory is correct.

How are things going? Have you a working prototype yet?

Sure do, though I've had bugger all time to listen or post anything about it! Initial impressions with a lowly Shure M44-7 are very favourable, that said, this is also the first time I've heard the SP10! Hopefully I'll have a bit of time this weekend to get properly acquainted.

o0BDC05.jpg

Reviving this thread!
I have the Schroeder Ref arm but the hydraulic lift no longer operates so i haven't used the T/T (verdier) for some years which is a shame.The cylinder doesn't move when I operate the lift arm. It could be that there is no longer any hydraulic fluid in the cylinder, but I can't see any obvious place to refill it. BTW the lift mechnaism looks very similar to Rega arm lift mechanisms. Anybody got any suggestions?
Thanks, Neil

Reviving this thread!
I have the Schroeder Ref arm but the hydraulic lift no longer operates so i haven't used the T/T (verdier) for some years which is a shame.The cylinder doesn't move when I operate the lift arm. It could be that there is no longer any hydraulic fluid in the cylinder, but I can't see any obvious place to refill it. BTW the lift mechnaism looks very similar to Rega arm lift mechanisms. Anybody got any suggestions?
Thanks, Neil

Email Frank

Reviving this thread!
I have the Schroeder Ref arm but the hydraulic lift no longer operates so i haven't used the T/T (verdier) for some years which is a shame.The cylinder doesn't move when I operate the lift arm. It could be that there is no longer any hydraulic fluid in the cylinder, but I can't see any obvious place to refill it. I don't know if there are any dealers left in the UK whom I could ask. BTW the lift mechnaism looks very similar to Rega arm lift mechanisms.Anybody got any suggestions?
Thanks, Neil
I would email Herr Schroeder via his website.

Reviving this thread!
Thanks, Neil

Have sent you a DM with Frank's email

Frank is a gent - he answered my email 2-3 years back at silly-o-clock at night.

The armlift looks totally generic on my DPS, as used/sold by Rega(?). If so, they aren''t hydraulic, but rely on grease to mederate the speed of descent. In your case, the grease has lost oil and/or picked up loads of general dust and muck - just remove, clean and regrease. (Mineral greases are a soluton of mineral oil in long-chain soaps - long-chain soaps are pretty much like hand soaps - waxy solids.)

His email appears all over the www, not least attached to his website/tonearms.

The arm lift on my Reference started playing up in that it wouldn’t stay up. I’ve not had much luck emailing Frank directly but as I bought the arm new the dealer was happy to pass messages on and better placed to get Frank’s attention. Frank sent a new arm lift directly to me and FOC, in fact he sent two but the first disappeared in the post. That might not work post Brexit to the UK.
The lift is modified a little from the one on my RB300 and even the one Frank sent me needed a little polishing to get it through the mounting hole.

My Reference has recently been joined by a Korf and I must say the Korf is making a very good case for itself, with a Lyra phonopipe I’m preferring it for the SPU Royal N (it can take the G type too, though the antiskate stops at 3), the Schröder wins with the Proteus which sounds a bit analytical on the Korf.

The arm lift on my Reference started playing up in that it wouldn’t stay up. I’ve not had much luck emailing Frank directly but as I bought the arm new the dealer was happy to pass messages on and better placed to get Frank’s attention. Frank sent a new arm lift directly to me and FOC, in fact he sent two but the first disappeared in the post. That might not work post Brexit to the UK.
The lift is modified a little from the one on my RB300 and even the one Frank sent me needed a little polishing to get it through the mounting hole.

My Reference has recently been joined by a Korf and I must say the Korf is making a very good case for itself, with a Lyra phonopipe I’m preferring it for the SPU Royal N (it can take the G type too, though the antiskate stops at 3), the Schröder wins with the Proteus which sounds a bit analytical on the Korf.

I have a Korf but haven't got around to trying it yet, can you add anything to the above about how it sounds.

Most interested in the Korf tonearm. Start a new impressions thread?

advertisement

Back