advertisement

Schiit Bifrost 2

I had the multi bit version, it was pretty good. If you don’t need all the inputs, the modi has the same sound. Compared to the Chord Mojo, it was less smoothed over, in a good way.

I have a Schiit Bifrost 2. To be honest I had it up for sale on eBay for the last week as I was going to move further up the Schiit DAC chain but the more I have listened to it the more I realised that I would be a fool to let it go.

The Bifrost 2 is really a superb DAC and in my opinion a bargain at the price. It has been compared very favourably with Schiits top of the line DAC - even by Schiit themselves.

Also interested in the Bifrost 2. However, Schiit UK (Electromod) never seem to have much in the way of stock. At the moment for example, Out of 11 Schiit DACs they show 2 actually available to buy. Did you source yours from the US site Robby?

Also interested in the Bifrost 2. However, Schiit UK (Electromod) never seem to have much in the way of stock. At the moment for example, Out of 11 Schiit DACs they show 2 actually available to buy. Did you source yours from the US site Robby?

I managed to get mine from Schiit UK. I was lucky that they had one in stock.

My brand new Yggdrasil initially sounded eerily like my Bifrost 4490 (I had them both connected to an A/B switcher so I could compare them instantaneously). The differences only started to emerge after around 3 weeks (luckily just in time as I was considering returning it!). So yes, be patient in your assessment of Bifrost 2 when it arrives. I demo'd a Gungnir MB when it was first released and was only allowed to have it for a week so likely never got to hear it at its best.

advertisement

Back