advertisement

Schematic editor & circuit simulator for windows

Ant

pfm Member
Today, randomly browsing new apps Google Play store, I came across a tool that I'm quite excited about. It will definitely help me and may help other PFM'ers.....

CircuitLab is a Schematic editor & circuit simulator for windows. It seems quite in depth and clever (to me anyhow). It's free, although limitations on its use being saves etc. For $40 (about 25 quid) you can get a years subscription of the full version.

One of the key positives is you can share the built circuit URL, and let others test/play with it.

Here's a video:

here's the site

It's all new to me, so any opinions on the program? - is it good, lacking anything or better out there for less?

Thanks

Ps, the usual - I am not affiliated with the app/program/owner/site etc etc in any form - just sharing something that I think is excellent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I run LT Spice on Windows and Linux
Maybe it does OS X?
There are literally dozens of Spice simulators around.
Search word is "spice simulator"

LT spice doesn't run on os.x but of course using bootcamp or a virtual machine approach (Parallels, VMware) will let you run windows or other OSs natively on the mac's Intel hardware.

I use Parallels and so Simmetrix and a few other useful bits and bobs (DuncanAmps PSUD for example) are readily to hand. I tried running them directly on OS.X using WINE but that's mostly explodey, and it's monumentally tedious to play with.

On Linux I use gschem (from the gEda project) and ngspice. If I don't actually need a schematic, I just use ngspice and edit the netlist directly.

On Windows I use LTSpice.

According to the Linear Technology web site LTSpice can run on OS X 10.7+, never tried it, just noticed the download link when I downloaded the Windows version.

LTSpice Download

beige bag b2spice for me. I found with LTspice I was always stuck editing models for unsupported parts, maybe the library situation has improved?

advertisement

Back