Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Scam warning

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Tony L, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Natara

Natara pfm Member

Me too excellent service.

2. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

Bought off him with no probs - Rega RS1 in 2014 and Vega G2 in 2019 via his eBay

3. Andrew Smith

Andrew Smith Member

thanks guys, appreciated

4. ecknertz

ecknertz pfm Member

Beware! Scam!
    The User Robert900 has send me the following message and i was stupid enough to think he really had an amp for sale and sent him money:

Contact Jeremy,he has a Myst TMA3 for sale,here's his gmail jeremyarriaga487@gmail.com

I did some research and this guy is doing the same on different forums (check the mailadress).

hifinutt likes this.
  5. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I’ve now banned the account.

PS As ever always approach new members with zero/few posts with extreme caution. Posts are a member’s CV.

Nytechy, AnilS and hifilover1979 like this.
  6. sq225917

sq225917 Bit of this, bit of that

Jesus, if that were true I'd be unemployable.

Darren L, hifilover1979 and Bob McC like this.
  7. jusphish

jusphish pfm Member

I got the same type of PM this morning also attempting to direct me to the same email address. Definitely a scammer. Seems it’s now gone from my conversation history so I guess someone is watching keenly over the site today.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  8. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Definitely watch for the above scam and use the conversation report feature. We are getting a few at present and I can’t do much as they are IP spoofing etc.

View anyone with under 50 posts as a noob/provisional member. Our 50 post security criteria is the best defence any forum has as scammers are way too thick/lazy to write that number of intelligent posts just to inevitably get caught and exposed as soon as they scam someone. This security works so please use it. Just report any PMs and I’ll delete the account.

Jamie likes this.
  9. sq225917

sq225917 Bit of this, bit of that

I'm amazed anyone answers unsolicited anything.

10. jusphish

jusphish pfm Member

It was in response to a [WTD] so not fully unsolicited, but clearly something was off.

11. trumpetman

trumpetman pfm Member

Same experience here this morning.
    Reported.
    I have a wanted ad in classified, as soon as I mentioned picture,details dates and receipts all went quiet.

12. alans1957

alans1957 pfm Member

He has cropped up again contacted by an aaron987 to contact Jeremy with a Vinyl One for sale, then tried to reckon his wife had one as well, the picture was of the one at Audio Emotion.

13. PhilofCas

PhilofCas pfm Member

Sounds like he’s a bit of an arse.