advertisement

Scam warning

I was contacted by a user tommytannoy, who I sent pics to.
When I googled the email address he gave, it appears to be someone else.

No idea what he’s up to.

It’s interesting looking at hifishark- virtually every high value product has one being sold on a site called adpost at a fraction of the current s/h value and item is usually somewhere in England.

here’s the first search I did at random just now,

https://www.hifishark.com/search?q=Audio+research+reference

think of any expensive item and it’s going cheap on adpost,

https://www.hifishark.com/search?q=Audio+research+reference

-the names of the seller sound like they were made up in a shed in Lagos, “S Vasco- Jarvis” of Cambridge. He’ll be descended from a Portuguese navigator who took a wrong turn coming out of the Tagus on the tide.

It’s interesting looking at hifishark- virtually every high value product has one being sold on a site called adpost at a fraction of the current s/h value and item is usually somewhere in England.

here’s the first search I did at random just now,

think of any expensive item and it’s going cheap on adpost,

-the names of the seller sound like they were made up in a shed in Lagos, “S Vasco- Jarvis” of Cambridge. He’ll be descended from a Portuguese navigator who took a wrong turn coming out of the Tagus on the tide.

There always listed as being in the UK somewhere like North Yorkshire then when you message them they then inform you that the item is not in the UK but is in fact in Italy but that you can trust them to send the item. They usually have a name that repeats like MannMann or CliveClive. I've seen a lot on adpost recently usually high value Naim products like a Nap 500DR or a Nap 300DR usually listed at bellow half the price it should realistically be.

As a heads up: there appear to be quite a number of ebay listings using Elite Audio photographs, from various seller accounts that have probably been hacked. Care required, as evr.

As a heads up: there appear to be quite a number of ebay listings using Elite Audio photographs, from various seller accounts that have probably been hacked. Care required, as evr.
Just saw that tonight. eBay classifieds has been infested with them in the past few days.

The ebay scam listings are now completely out of control. A high percentage of all recent amp listings are scams. Interestingly, the listings only show a "watch" or "contact seller" button. How is that possible?

Possibly not just Elite Audio. There is a Luxman D-06u 'classified ad' on eBay that appears to use a photo from a previous listing by Analogue Seduction before Christmas.

Yeah, can confirm Anton Matton is a scammer, might not even exist. Now to get my money back.

He's either a really slow old Italian man, or had his whole identity stolen , as the proof I was provided before payment was very convincing. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise. I can go into more detail about the email conversation, proof provided and all that in a few days when I finally confirm.

If anyone can help digging up information on this guy I would be very grateful. He's not replied to my emails since Thursday, despite still replying after payment saying when he'll send the item, when he'll update me with tracking. We'll see

I have photos of this man, his Italian id card, address, matching bank details, etc

It's a very elaborate scam.

I'm still trying to work out how I haven't paid this exact person and he's just a useless seller, or someone totally different.

I was concerned when considering purchase of a Sugden IA-4 from an Italian eBayer. I asked him to send me a photo with his hand in view to show he had the item in his possession. He sent me a photo of same amp with a piece of paper resting on top saying "Hello, Nigel!". I bought the amp and am enjoying it.

I found Modwright Elyse offered on a Czech site, the photo is also lifted from Elite Audio https://www.hifionline.cz/hifibazar/prodam/da-ad-prevodniky/modwright/elyse-stribrny/

Today I received an e-mail in response to my question about Boenicke speakers offered for sale on a Polish hifi site. The ad was in Polish, the response in English, allegedly coming from a hifi shop in Germany looking to "enter the Polish market and other countries" (never heard of the shop, google search finds one hit). The e-mail included the business address, website etc. Looks like a more elaborate scam.

advertisement

Back