advertisement

Scam warning

Just double checked the above and paypal will never cover your stuff if it is forwarded by the courier company out of the UK , granted the guy who has bought the stuff may be ok but he has comitted fraud to get a paypal account using the couriers address , so would you trust him?

Paypal states that -

< An address is confirmed if the buyer’s credit card billing address matches his or her shipping address. In some instances, PayPal can also confirm an address by examining the buyer’s PayPal account history.>

So if I sell something to a guy in China who has a confirmed paypal address in England that is obviously a forwarding company, how did he get that address confirmed as presumably there is no way that his credit card billing goes there?

I had a guy whinge about my postal charges on ebay. I always pack well, use UPS and insure to the value of the item. Sometimes insurance is more than what I have charged but I let it go. It only happens on high value stuff.
Anyway he won the auction but before he paid he tried to persuade me to reduce postage to a cheaper rate. Yes there are cheaper rates but the couriers are dodgy, Hermes etc and there is no insurance. I refused. He knew what the postage was when he bid and it wasn't excessive.
After he paid for the item, I packed it and sent it. Then he raised a dispute with ebay over the postage costs which I declined. Obviously by now he must have been getting ticked off at getting nowhere with me on ebay so his next little ploy was to tell paypal that he never received the item in the first place. Lying bastard! He had already messaged ebay saying he didn't want to return the item only to claim my postage was excessive! My paypal account is on hold until they get around to checking the courier details which I have forwarded to them. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Anyone had dealings with an Alexander from Islington
Could also be known as Steve Gusto

B'stard scammed me on Gumtree recently

And wait for it......for £47!! £35 without shipping!

I mean, if the guy was so desperate I would have given him the money :)
It's the thought some f^cker has carried this out on me, I'm more angry with myself than him.
He has been a member for over 3 years so thought it seemed ok.

Action fraud are currently searching for him, have his bank details, phone number etc..

This was the ad

Hmmm, is this suspicious......Long time jewellery seller in Wales suddenly selling lots of Naim - location London. Including TWO pairs of SL2s...

He he I just reported them, has a whole bunch of speakers and boxes affected. Super cheap price buy now in the description all same price. A monkey may get caught out. I hope that 52 is doing it for you Suzy give it time to Seattle in

Very difficult to know the origin of some scams, a guy on Audiogon was selling an item using pictures from Audiomarkt that I reported. Some scammer in Scotland was selling an Einstein item until I said I would collect and pay by cash, you need to be careful and hopefully be better at playing these games than they are.

Any mods or admin - please read.

This is unrelated to this topic, but i can find no way to contact you.

I am listed as a new member with insufficient privaledges to create threads.
Why?
I have been a member for years.
And...
How do i contact admin etc?
Please pm me with i fo, help.

Hello

Beware of sellers on feabay listing Teac 300 full systems they've purchased for £200 then selling as separate components making a £168.00 profit and them lie in the description were they got it from.

Do not be tempted by this add normal for expensive hifi and other stuff the link that is with these adds takes you away from eBay and askes for your credit card details, i have seen this on adds lately when the user has been hacked, hirst's gardens is the latest user to be hacked, this add runs of a weekend for 24hrs only , always when you cannot contact eBay and ask for help ,

beware the add will be put on about a 1000 items from cameras to bikes, hifi speakers normally expensive ones that start very low, and a buy now that makes no sense, so be warned it is a scam and one you will lose a hell of a lot of money , i have taken the link off to stop any one being ripped off

Bay item number:

This item is only available for fast sale ( Buy It now)THE BUY IT NOW PRICE IS :
United States -------- 3000 USD
Europe --------------- 2550 EUR
Canada --------------- 3850 CAD
Australia------------- 4000 AUD
United Kingdom ------- 2250 GBP

IF YOU ARE READY 100% TO BUY IT NOW FOR ABOVE PRICE INLUDED SHIPPING PLEASE OPEN THE LINK DAILY DEALS

OPEN DAILY DEALS EBAY TODAY link
http:

Last edited:
Following "individual" tried to scam me for my lens advertised on Gumtree and here. Contacted me via WhatsApp and offered well above rates for postage. Paypal paid email received was a cleverly designed fake saying Paypal funds were in escrow and would be released on emailing receipt of shipping proof by Royal Mail. Hovering over the return email address showed it to be "service@ intl.paypal.com <[email protected]>".The shipping address was a closed down bedding shop in Liverpool. I have reported this to the police.

[email protected]
Aaron Collins
259 Kensington Road Liverpool, Merseyside
L7 2RG
United Kingdom

Hi there,
be careful, if a guy named „Teunnis Dirk Bakker“, with a Dutch passport,
want to offer you something. I fall into this trap.
I was looking for a powercable from Phonosophie in Audiomarkt.de.
I wanted to pay with Paypal but he told me, he has no account.
A photo from him with his passport holding, made me a little carless.
Now the money is gone and I got no answers to my E-Mail‘s.
My lawyer gave me the advice to go to the police. I will do so.
Regards
Killersteve

https://soundhousestore.co.uk/index.php?route=common/home

This website that is supposedly in Deal, Kent has listings on HiFi Shark. High end used items at at silly prices and Google Street View of the address shows a craft shop called Dunlin & Diver and the phone code given is one for Bristol not Deal, Kent.

Description of items just seem to be manufacturers blurb. Beware!

The same name as a music (CD/DVD) shop trading from the same address, that closed down:
https://highstreetdeal.co.uk/the-sound-house/
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/deal/news/sound-house-a68707/

Bank Transfer and BitCoin accepted! Must be legit then!

Domain name:
soundhousestore.co.uk

Data validation:
Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 08-Aug-2018

Registrar:
Namecheap, Inc. [Tag = NAMECHEAP-INC]
URL: https://www.namecheap.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 08-Aug-2018
Expiry date: 08-Aug-2019
Last updated: 08-Aug-2018

Not sure what that tells you, other than it is newly registered.

Why are the servers in Nevada, though?

Not sure what that tells you, other than it is newly registered.

Why are the servers in Nevada, though?
Why not? Namecheap web hosting division is based in Phoenix Arizona, but not unlikely they have physically have servers in Nevada or anywhere else in the world that is cost effective for that matter.

advertisement

Back