advertisement

Scam warning

Just a shame the images by AV8 are not the actual images of the item.

Nice try

Never said they were the actual item, the photo is to show what a Naim BNC looks like.

For the sake of clarity then :

s-l1600.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Not exactly a scam, but having just 'won' and paid for an item on ebay, the seller has backed out by simply refunding the Paypal payent, described the item as 'no longer available or damaged'. Clearly he wasn't satisfied with the highest bid, but surely auctions are supposed to be binding ????

Not exactly a scam, but having just 'won' and paid for an item on ebay, the seller has backed out by simply refunding the Paypal payent, described the item as 'no longer available or damaged'. Clearly he wasn't satisfied with the highest bid, but surely auctions are supposed to be binding ????

A very annoying practice. Sellers wanting their cake and eating it. Please make sure you leave suitable negative feedback, if possible.

eBay says that they cannot force the seller into selling the item to you but a note will be put on his account ,eBay are not bothered as long as they get their fee, you will not beable to leave bad feedback you will be blocked, eBay is not a true auction , in a true auction you would have no buy it now prices, of be able to get a mate to bid for you
the only true and legal auctions are the ones you see on your high street ,
every bid with a proper auction is binding when the auction starts, but ebay allows you to change your mind with in the first 12hrs , if you dont want to sell it you can end it on a buy it now , but not in an auction , but you can make the price too high if you get fed up with silly offers,from eBay TiTs , scammers etc that think every thing should be sold for Now't ,

of be able to get a mate to bid for you ,
You see, it's this little nugget that makes me seethe, i'm quite good at gaining information from people, you may be surprised to know that many here on loveable pfm carry out this practice regularly, I imagine it's the same bunch who are here complaining about some buyer letting them down or not paying.

It's usually easy to spot but rarely gets punished or auctions ended, mainly due to the fact, it's impossible to prove unless coming from the same person under another name, if a mate keeps hiking up the bids, how can anyone prove otherwise.

well you cannot, but at the end of the day it is upto the seller to sell the item, i have just about given up in trying to sell stuff on eBay i have 2 things for sale, but more and more crap from buyers, who want every thing for Nowt but will then sell it again in a shop were you will not be offered a penny off , but you are correct they cannot have it both ways , expect yoou to sell the stuff you have put on here cheaper on eBay, the fees are stupid , we all know ebay is a farce when it is phone a friend time , as he can then retract his bid before the first 12 hrs ,
i have never done it and never will , a reserve price on eBay costs a packet , the only option left to the seller is to say the item is damaged and return the winners money,
eBay will not allow you to end auction listing , only a buy it now, but you can change the price until no one will bid , provided no one has bid,
i have seen one guy get so pissed off with eBay tit's he started the auction at 99p and put £700 post ,all i can think of if you are not happy with the price dont bid, if it says buy now £500 dont offer £400, and dont say you were going to buy an amp and yours will do and offer £600 off the asking price because it is cash , in a eBay email as they watch out for things like that,
the seller will end up with the fee regardless, if is cheaper on here then ebay talk to the guy you may get the deal you want, at the end of the day we all want abargain ,hell if it is that much of a bargain go an pick it up and pay the man , and not put it is a con

Just the duplicate listings with the same serial numbers I would say it’s a hijacked account imo.
Just do a search for naim sl2 speakers.
I just did it had 5 up before now only 2 .......
Sorry just did “naim sl2” 12 listings with the same serial number and photo

Just sold my stuff on ebay to find the guy was in china , he is using a forwarding courier, so if he said he never received it i would of lost the item i would not of been covered by paypal ,
so check the address you are sending stuff to ,if it is a courier service cancle the sale, even the address on his eBay account was the courier se

Why would you not be covered? You'd have proof you sent it to his verified paypal address or do ebay/paypal explicitly state they won't cover you if it's a forwarding courier address? I've had this twice before and sent the item both times without any issue.

as far as i no it has to be the resedential address which has to be the buyers , how can it be a resedential address in the middle of a working industrial estate, also it has to be the buyers address
this is paypals responce
For tangible items, post the item to the shipping address on the “Transaction Details” page. If the item is delivered in person or if the Payment Recipient posts the item to a different address (for example, if the buyer asks that you send to another address on the basis that it is a work address” or a “gift” address Courier then you will not be eligible for re-imbursement under the terms of the programme.
Your primary residence, as listed in your PayPal Account, must be in a Relevant Country. i.e UK

advertisement

Back