1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Scala Radio is now live!

Discussion in 'classical' started by windhoek, Mar 4, 2019.

1. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

The new station for classical music, Scala, has begun broadcasting on DAB radio. I just saw an article about it on the beeb and have re-auto-tuned my DAB radio accordingly (I knew it was coming but I forgot today was launch day, as it were). I can't say much about it yet as the news has just finished and the music has just begun playing again. Anyway, retune your DAB radios and you'll be able to hear it for yourselves :)

2. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

3. narabdela

narabdela who?

Yes, the same problem with Classic FM. It seems that you're a music snob if you prefer to listen to a whole work rather than the highlights.

So be it. I'm a music snob it would seem. :cool:

4. windhoek

Yeah, so far it's shortish stuff - maybe they keep the longer stuff for evening/night time... if at all.

5. windhoek

I just realised something - there appear to be no adverts!

6. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

Am quite enjoying Scala on the drive commute - which is only around 20 minutes.

Music best described as 'orchestral' rather than purely classical. Quite a lot of orchestral versions of well known tunes from other genres. Heard a Coldplay track played by Cello and Piano this morning. Much better than Coldplays' own version!

7. ciderglider

ciderglider pfm Member

Whenever I listen to Scala, the presenter sounds like he's wearing bright yellow dungarees.

8. narabdela

narabdela who?

You've just conjured up an image of Timmy Mallet! :eek: ...and I thought today was going well. :(

ciderglider likes this.
  9. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

Quite. Just gave it a quick try, some halfwit going on about who invented the chinrest and then on to someother letter from....

No music, just utter shite.

10. Dozey

Dozey Air guitar member

You mean the Menuhin rest?

11. windhoek

It's inoffensive if nothing else: the music, that is - the yellow dungarees are deafening!

12. davidjt

davidjt pfm Member

I could probably put up with meaty chunks now and then (e.g. having a shower, getting dressed etc) but the last time I sampled what someone here dubbed 'Carsick FM' the presenter was Myleene Klass. Meaty chunks with syrup, anyone?

narabdela likes this.