advertisement

SBT ISSUE

mickhick1

pfm Member
My Squeezebox Touch has failed.
It was working fine yesterday, but this morning it is cycling on/off every few seconds. I thought it may be the PSU, but that tests fine, so it seems the SBT is faulty.
Anyone else had a similar problem?
The question now is do I just get another one or should I consider something else?
I have been using the EDO plugin and connecting via USB to my Gustard DAC, so only using the SBT as a digital transport. LMS is running on a Cocktail Audio X100 Pro and connects via ethernet to the SBT. I'm happy with LMS as I've been using it for nearly ten years. I also have another Squeezebox Duet using the same LMS, in my office system.
I note the various comments about RPi, but I don't want something that looks like a kit of parts.

It was working fine yesterday, but this morning it is cycling on/off every few seconds. I thought it may be the PSU, but that tests fine, so it seems the SBT is faulty.
The question now is do I just get another one or should I consider something else?
I have been using the EDO plugin and connecting via USB to my Gustard DAC, so only using the SBT as a digital transport. LMS is running on a Cocktail Audio X100 Pro and connects via ethernet to the SBT. I'm happy with LMS as I've been using it for nearly ten years. I also have another Squeezebox Duet using the same LMS, in my office system.
I note the various comments about RPi, but I don't want something that looks like a kit of parts.
Get another one. It comes. You plug it in. It works. Still ahead of the game, and untouchable for the money.

I’ve had this previously. Wasn’t broken. I disconnected it from the Dac, did a factory reset and began again from scratch. Worked for me.

Thanks Ronnie and Del,
I think I will do as Ronnie suggests and buy a cheap psu to test it out.
I have already done the factory reset thing, but it didn't make any difference.
I am about to buy another SBT from AV8 but if I can resurrect this one I will probably use it instead of the Duet in my office system.
Mike

My Pure Siesta clock radio failed, it would switch on for a few seconds then stop. Bought a replacement. Out of curiosity I tried the new PSU with the old radio, lo and behold it worked fine.

It does sound like the PSU, I had a similar issue.

I thought it would be PSU caps because if they had gone high ESR the supply would measure good off load (it did) but drop volts as the unit powered up, causing it to reset, continually.

When I broke open the PSU I couldn`t find anything wrong except that the board connections to the 13amp plug may have been dirty - I cleaned them and put it back together (big tie wraps)* and all has been well since.

* Tie wraps would not be safe unless the unit is not normally accessible, as mine is. You may need to re-glue.

I have ordered a PSU from Amazon, will be here tomorrow. will be pleased if it fixes the problem.
Thanks to everyone that has posted. I'll let you now the outcome.

Update:
It was the power supply, replacement one arrived today and it's back up and running. Thanks to all those that suggested it would be, despite appearing to test OK.
Meanwhile I've bought another SBT from AV8, c/w an aftermarket linear psu, which will be interesting to see if it makes any difference. Should arrive early next week.

We have two SBT's for sale, packaged with our own power supply. PM if interested.

Update:
It was the power supply, replacement one arrived today and it's back up and running. Thanks to all those that suggested it would be, despite appearing to test OK.
Meanwhile I've bought another SBT from AV8, c/w an aftermarket linear psu, which will be interesting to see if it makes any difference. Should arrive early next week.
Nice.Great that’s it’s been brought back from the dead. Miss mine and loved it. Using Pi now. Not as good looking but great all the same.

advertisement

Back