advertisement

SBL

Thanks for input lads, sounds like my cdx is a no no lp12 seems more suited for old linn and naim speakers .Might have a ride to shop as i was offered a dem by the dealer just out of curiosity you never know i might like them regards worz

You can't lose anything by listening to them, and who knows you might even like them. I suspect the people who think they're crap are those who value imaging over everything else.

But each to his own, and we don't want to go into all that again.....

I love my SBLS (Rega P3-24/DV20xH>Nac82>Nap250>SBLs).

They look and sound absolutely fantastic. But I guess speaker choice is a very individual thing so the best advice is always to try before you buy, condition being more important than whether they are MK1 or Mk2.

I love my SBLS (Rega P3-24/DV20xH>Nac82>Nap250>SBLs).

They look and sound absolutely fantastic. But I guess speaker choice is a very individual thing so the best advice is always to try before you buy, condition being more important than whether they are MK1 or Mk2.

Out of interest what PS do you use on your 82?

My SBLs sounded brilliant and I would never have got rid of them had it not been for the fact that I was able to buy some Avondale speakers.

Simon F

I've never understood those who have such a visceral dislike of SBLs. I love mine. I don't like Missions. So I haven't bought any. The bit I can't understand is those who really, really don't like SBLs but owned a pair. Why did you do it? Did you have an ear infection at the time?

There's no denying that they are bright :eek: However, this can be tamed by some careful room arrangement so that you've got enough absorbtion and diffusion in the right places.

They are a PITA to set up compared with any normal speaker. However, that's one of the reasons why they're so cheap.

PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy of my mega-comprehensive set-up guide. This was written after I bought some from a red looking chap with horns and a tail.

I think I've also got some aluminium pads that you can have if you need them.

. I suspect the people who think they're crap are those who value imaging over everything else.

Not me; I value engagement over everything else and I don't get that from SBL's, not even actively driven.

I have SBL's and mine have none of the characteristics some critics here mention.
They are piss easy to disassemble and re-assemble.
They are very easy to place.
They are not harsh sounding.
They give superb insight into the music.
At 300 quid they are a steal - grab em.

Anyone willing to give an unbiased opinion on the differences between SBL's (which I've never heard) and SL2s which I own. It would help me put this chain of conversation in perspective.

I have SBL's and mine have none of the characteristics some critics here mention.
They are piss easy to disassemble and re-assemble.
They are very easy to place.
They are not harsh sounding.
They give superb insight into the music.
At 300 quid they are a steal - grab em.

Plus two

Plus go active when you can

Who the hell are you three? Aeronautical engineers? Yacht builders?

If it's that easy you can come around and do mine the next time I move house ;)

It's undeniable that you can't just plonk them down, stop them rocking on the spikes, plug the wires in the back and off you go like you can with the vast majority of other speakers. That's why Naim had to come up with the PIN system for the SL2s / Credos / Intros.

advertisement

Back