advertisement

SBL Crossover Schematic

Jennifer F

pfm Member
Hi,
Please can someone please send me the SBL crossover schematic or a link to where I can find it on the web. I thought that it used to be on the avondale site, but I can't see it anymore.
Cheers
David

[email protected]

Taking the maxim of only doing one change at a time on the crossover, I have replaced the electrolytic caps on my spare pair of factory crossovers with Solen Caps. After a couple of weeks burn in now I can report that I think this is an excellent £30 upgrade to a pair of SBL's. The sound has a far more natural and organic feel and is much more mature. I don't feel that any speed has been sacrificed and overall a definite step forward.

The next step is to replace the resistors with metal film equivalents and see what improvement this makes.

My system is not pure naim, in fact the speakers are hte only naim component outside the lp12. As such my taste may be different to the naim faithful, however this is a worthwhile and easily reversible experiment. I for one won't be moving back to electrolytics.

David

Coredump,
Nice one. I had been considering getting some Mundorf cap's to play with. I started wtih teh Solen's given their relatively low cost. The boards I am playing with are the original Naim crossovers from about 87! I have a new pair of factory crossovers that I was given a year or so ago and the solen version is defiantely preferable. I will post more findings when time let's me experiment further.
David

SBLXover.jpg

advertisement

Back