advertisement

SB Touch Wifi Issue- Help Needed

Mothman

pfm Member
Just changed ISP provider which necessitated a change of router. Have managed to connect all my wifi devices to it without issue with the exception of my two SB Touch's. Below is some relevant info

SB Touch firmware: 7.8.0r16754

Router: Draytek Vigor 2762n
Wireless encryption mode: WPA2/PSK

Pre Shared Key (PSK): A531RMVGG24RT (not the actual key but an example of the format)

Hexidecimal convervion: 41 35 33 31 52 4d 56 47 47 32 34 52 54

Have tried entering the Pre Shared Key as it is and also the Hexidecimal conversion (both with and without the spaces between the pairs of digits), but still can't connect. Anyone any ideas what it is I'm doing wrong?

Just changed ISP provider which necessitated a change of router. Have managed to connect all my wifi devices to it without issue with the exception of my two SB Touch's. Below is some relevant info

Pre Shared Key (PSK): A531RMVGG24RT (not the actual key but an example of the format)

Have tried entering the Pre Shared Key as it is and also the Hexidecimal conversion (both with and without the spaces between the pairs of digits), but still can't connect. Anyone any ideas what it is I'm doing wrong?
Try setting mode: Mixed (WPA+WPA2)/PSK and see if that works.

DV

Try connect to only the 2.4Ghz band

The SBTouch only needs 2.4 (and b,g I think)

ronnie

Firmware is OK

It's the LMS that should be 8.5.1 (Release) or 8.5.2 (Stable nightly)

Thanks for the replies. Having spent all day on this I have admitted defeat. Have tried using both a ASC11 & Hexidecimal password formats on b & g 2.4 bands with the router in various encryption modes and still no connection, I was even unable to connect with encryption disabled. The Touch obviously doesn't like something about the router and my networking knowledge isn't good enough to take it further

Also, sadly after a reboot the player in my main system now seems to have lost it's network adapter. One my players isn't used much and so I will move the remaing good player into my main system and see if I can rig up an ethernet connection via a home plug.

Doesn't sound like a password issue....Did you by any chance set a fixed IP address?
Can you connect to them with an ethernet cable?

Thanks for the replies. Having spent all day on this I have admitted defeat. Have tried using both a ASC11 & Hexidecimal password formats on b & g 2.4 bands with the router in various encryption modes and still no connection, I was even unable to connect with encryption disabled. The Touch obviously doesn't like something about the router and my networking knowledge isn't good enough to take it further

Also, sadly after a reboot the player in my main system now seems to have lost it's network adapter. One my players isn't used much and so I will move the remaing good player into my main system and see if I can rig up an ethernet connection via a home plug.
Anyone friends/family good with IT who can help you out, always easier with eyes/hands on. Not everything works with everything in networking, not unusual for one or both items to need an update or downgrade to make things shake hands and smile.

Make sure the Draytek is on the latest firmware 3.9.7 - released last month. I look after a few of this model of router, nothing has jumped out but they are all in business environments.

Use the .ALL version. The .RST wipes your settings/changes.

Read Me here

Firmware download here

Ah man I got a touch on here the other day for a song but getting it connected was a mid 2000s nightmare. The first thing to to do is factory tested it.

I have been having the same issues with my SBT, I get it to connect after a factory reset then after a day to two looses connection again šŸ˜•

i think there was an issue with Wi-Fi for radios and Touchand they incorporated a fix into the new Community firmware update. Thereā€™s also a patch I believe. The other possibility is that the Wi-Fi card is failing.

Have managed to get the one working Touch connected in my main system using an ethernet cable & home plug, so all good for the moment.

I think the other player where the network adapter has failed is now 'end of life'. I tried doing a factory reset and connecting via ethernet and the screen just hangs at "verifying ethernet connection". Probably time to start looking at alternatives but still think the Touch was a great piece of kit and I will miss it when my one remaining player eventually fails.

Have managed to get the one working Touch connected in my main system using an ethernet cable & home plug, so all good for the moment.

I think the other player where the network adapter has failed is now 'end of life'. I tried doing a factory reset and connecting via ethernet and the screen just hangs at "verifying ethernet connection". Probably time to start looking at alternatives but still think the Touch was a great piece of kit and I will miss it when my one remaining player eventually fails.
Try a Wiim Pro Plus. Can be added to the system via Squeezelite.

Have you tried swapping the power supplies ?

Just a thought. Can you check the WiFi channel bandwidth Wireless LAN (2.4GHz) > Advanced Setting . If its not already, set it to 20. Some older gear do not use band doubling.

DV

Know this isn't much help in itself but i've never had any issues with the Touch connecting to WiFi.

It IS only campatible with 2.4GHz though but WPA2 is absolutely fine.
Might be worth tempoarily disabling 5Ghz on the router until you've got the Touch hooked up then re-enable once its all working.

Not quite sure why you are talking about ASCII / Hexadecimal formats...... on my Virgin Router I just take the password as shown on the bottom of the router and enter it on the Touch screen character for character (ok.....subsequently updated the password!). The only time once or twice I've had a hiccup is if I accidentally try logging into my guest network rather than main network (differnt passwords).

Thereā€™s a thread here started by someone with the same problem, the same firmware and the same circumstances (a factory reset.) He found a solution (looks a bit fiddly) - see post 24 in the thread.

Just to update, it would appear that it is the power supplies which are the issue. Whilst swapping the power supplies betweeen the two players made no difference, as a final thought and after much searching I manged to find a 5V-1A power supply for another device which fitted the Touch. I connected this to the player which said it had lost the network card and would'nt even connect by ethernet and hey presto it sprang into life and connected to my WiFi without issue. I would guess the original power supplies must be reaching the end of their life and whilst the may still give enough juice to power on the device, there would seem to be insufficient to power the wifi cards.

Any recommendations for replacement power supplies, not looking for anything expensive\exotic?

advertisement

Back