Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Saturday Night in San Francisco

Discussion in 'music' started by AndyU, Jul 6, 2022.

1. AndyU

AndyU pfm Member

Just to say if Friday Night in San Francisco is part of your musical life, then the next nights concert with John McGlaughlin, Paco di Lucia and Al di Meola has been released. ,I think Al Di Meola found the tapes somewhere. It’s on Qobuz, vinyl, and cd, and is a real joy to listen to. These guys were and are incredible musicians.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09T39NL45/?tag=pinkfishmedia-

2. daytona600

daytona600 Registered User

Not heard this version but the Impex / Bernie Grundman reference quality sound

3. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

No question they are all incredible musicians, but I’ve never warmed to the album. It seems to me to be guitar-playing as gladiatorial combat, with the participants pushed on by the insane whooping from the audience after every twiddly bit.

(Writes a grumpy old bore.)

Suffolk Tony and AndyU like this.
  4. daytona600

daytona600 Registered User

For 40 years, nobody knew that the recording of the Saturday show existed until now!
    Combing through hours of the original 16-track live session tapes, Al Di Meola and his team have curated a breathtaking follow-up: Saturday Night In San Francisco.

AndyU likes this.
  5. florette69

florette69 pfm Member

A perfect analysis of that album. It is awful noodly nonsense.

Suffolk Tony likes this.
  6. Suffolk Tony

Suffolk Tony Aim low, achieve your goals, avoid disappointment.

I must be a grumpy old bore too. Over-indulgent and tedious.

florette69 likes this.