advertisement

Sarah McLachlan

taz

pfm Member
have we any fans on here ?
iv'e been listening to her for years now but am surprised how many people have never heard the good lady ? for me "Afterglow" is one of her better albums but I can defiantly recommend her if you like female vocalists

Silence by Delerium was a big club tune that was championed by Sasha and others. Not listened to anything else by her.

I have two remix albums of her stuff - Remixed and Bloom (Hybrid, Tom Middleton, Thievery Corp, Talvin Singh, Sly & Robbie et al.) which are very good. I find her original albums far too bland though. I'd agree on that Delerium track too. Very good.

Got most of her on CD; the vinyl is stupidly expensive. I find 2 or 3 outstanding tracks per album, but quite a lot of "filler" material.

Always had a soft spot for fumbling towards ecstasy even though tis a bit AOR sunday moring music, thers some good stuff on it

I'm a great fan so I've got most of Sarah's albums on vinyl except "Mirrorball" which is on cd. I think "Mirrorball" is a good place to start if you haven't heard much of her work before. Has to be one of the best live albums I've ever heard.
Tony. B

Fumbling is by far my favourite of SM albums. The track 'Ice' alone is worth the price of admission. And the production/recording is very honest (read, sounds live in the room!).

I’d never even heard of Sarah McLachlan until I heard a track of hers from Surfacing being played at the Bristol HiFi Show the other week. She reminds me of Jennifer Warnes for the quality of her voice and songs, as well as excellent production too.
I picked up Surfacing for a couple of quid, a bit AOR at times but overall quite enjoyable. Any other albums of hers any fans can recommend please?

Big fan here and have been for several decades, she's vastly underrated IMO. Beautiful voice and a great songwriter. Angel is a stunning song. Saw her live in Manchester in mid 2000s and she didn't disappoint.

Hi Fulla I can recommend Afterglow, well it's one of my favs, I am a big fan of female vocalists
another of my go-to albums when I have guests is Jerry Burns by Jerry Burns it's good smooth background music
that can also come alive when listened to when alone and in the dark.

She's much loved in the Worcester household too, with the adoration kicking-in with the incredible 'Fumbling' album. The releases on Quiex are stunning, particularly the 'Fumbling/Freedom Sessions' double. The are a good number of soundboard bootlegs out there too that are worth referencing.

Discovered Sarah when I lived in Canada. She kind of epitomises the place for me, my favourite place in the whole wide world.

Lots of good albums and the track “I will remember you” is so beautiful it’s tear-jerking.

advertisement

Back