advertisement

Sarah McLachlan

muzzer

Numb Nut
As I have a bit of a thing for female singers I have been recommended the above artist. As I have never heard of her I would welcome any pointers.
Cheers.

Muzzer - try to find Surfacing on vinyl - it is a wonderfully lush, maybe over-produced album, full of great musicianship, if slightly sugary.
I do have a couple of others, but that is the best by far to my deaf old ears..

"Fumbling Towards Ecstasy" should provide the full-on Sarah experience - chances are if you don't like what you hear on that one, she isn't for you. I'm partial to her two earlier albums (Touch, Solace) myself, but they aren't the ones that made her a megastar.

Silence by Delerium featuring Sarah McLachan was a big tune for Sasha and Digweed.
It's rather good.

Muzz,

I've got "Fumbling..." and "Surfacing". I haven't played either for some time, but recall "Surfacing" being better.

As a bonus, "Surfacing" has "enhanced multi-media content", but you'll need Windows 95 as a minimum..... Time flies, eh ?

(If you like wimmin, you might also like Horse - The Same Sky, or Horse - God's Home Movie" from the same era. Superbly dynamic voiced Scot)

The cd arrived today, first impressions a bit like a cross between Dido and Sinead o'Connor but ok. I think the wife will like it.;)
Cheers Bor will check them out.

I have several Sarah M albums - Cd and vinyl.

I second the rec for Surfacing, especially on vinyl.

Really good bargain is the Afterglow Live concert set - Cd and DVD in 1 box.

advertisement

Back