advertisement

Sara’s in Kings Lynn Anyone / Courier recommendations plz

jimmymcfarrell

pfm Member
Can anyone suggest a courier that will collect from a private address & deliver (speakers) within the UK.

Or even better:.......

I live in Plymouth & am buying a pair of Linn Sara’s & stands located in Kings Lynn. If anyone lives near there and is travelling to the South West at some point (ever) and would be willing to help me out massively by collecting these speakers and transporting them for me I would be forever indebted to them. I’ll cover fuel costs & make it worth their while as I’d much prefer someone who knows how to treat such items to handle them rather than a courier. Even if they could just be got as far as Bristol that would be a huge help as I could get them from Bristol myself.

Alternatively can anyone suggest a courier that would collect from a private address. They’re going to be in 3 or 4 separate parcels (incl stands & cables) so hopefully this won’t be prohibitively expensive - they’re apparently not fully functioning at the moment, I’ve always wanted Sara’s and these are more in my price range (especially as I plan on converting them to run active off 3 separate amps, so wouldn’t want to mess with a mint pair) but can see postage costs ending up being greater than the purchase price of the speakers.

Any suggestions or help will be gratefully received. Tah very much.

I find UPS to pretty careful with stuff and if you have a look at parcel2go you can get there services at a good price.

UPS are good, but don't you have a pal who can drive? Van hire is only about £50 a day and that'll be close to UPS costs. AND, you'll get the speakers in 1 piece (or 3 or 4 is it?).

I’d drive up there myself if I wasn’t working all the time & it would cost £100 in fuel easily if previous trips to Norwich are anything to go by. DPD looking reasonable.
I didn’t know couriers would collect, I've always had to drop things off to post office or parcel shop but never really tried any alternatives.....

My 4th Crown D-75 turned up today too, so well on way to getting everything I need together for the Sara’s. Just gotta get em here......and then dismantle them......& work out what’s wrong with them......and wait til Falcon start making the B-200s (hopefully by then I will have saved up enough to buy 4 of them & a couple more Scannie D20008 tweeters - cos they’re not having the ones I’ve fitted to my ARC 101s).

Check out interparcel.com and parcel monkey uk online. Just enter the dimensions,weights and both postcodes and you’ll get an idea of cost.

Why don't you ask on here if anyone has Sara Boxes and hire them from that person, if there is such a person on here, and use the boxes to transport the Saras, if the boxes were good enough for Linn they should be good for any carrier.

advertisement

Back