advertisement

Sandwich fillings - name your favourite to brighten up a lunchtime

Oh yes, pop them in your mouth & seconds later taste heaven.

Also 4 in a bowl with milk, let it go slushy, taste heaven.

Suprised no one is waxing lyrical about conny-onny yet :D

(or lard butties for that matter.....)

Frys chocolate cream.

I saw a guy put one on a bread roll the morning after a party when I was in my 20s. I couldn’t believe it. I have a very guilty pleasure which is a packet of salt n vinegar or cheese n onion crisps on a bread roll lathered in butter. I only do it every few years when the memory pops into my head. The first time I saw it was when my older brother did it when my parents were out and I was about 10.

Quite liked Dairylea, but preferred Primula:

white sliced bread, spread generously with Primula (no butter, just extra Primula) and a decent layer of ready salted crisps. ❤️❤️

didn't Primula come in a tube? couldn't you get different flavours? or is my memory deceiving me?

On holiday in Spain I remember getting Laughing Cow triangles. It wasn't until decades later I saw it for sale here.

didn't Primula come in a tube? couldn't you get different flavours? or is my memory deceiving me?

On holiday in Spain I remember getting Laughing Cow triangles. It wasn't until decades later I saw it for sale here.
Yes it was available in a tube, but I remember it in a pot with a foil top. We eschewed the flavoured options, preferring the original.

not quite a sandwich filling, but i remember Heinz Toast Toppers. I always thought of it as vomit in a tin, spread on toast and popped under the grill

Left over dinner sandwiches:

Toasted bread, last nights left over beef chilli with added cheese. Wrapped in foil and heated in the oven til the cheese has melted.

A sub roll, last nights left over boulets à la liégeoise (including piles of caramelised red onions), cheese optional.

Now feeling sad that I had neither of those things for dinner last night.

yes meatball sandwich is good.

Fried fishball sandwich is nice.

Doner meat sandwich with chilli and garlic sauce

Nutella, peanut butter with jam or bacon, or banana; cheddar and Branston, NY BLT, Skagen, Pulled Pork - it's endless.

I have never tried it as I don't like peanut butter but a New England favourite I believe is a Fluffernutter.

White Bread with peanut butter thickly spread on one side and Fluff (marshmallow cream) spread thickly on the other slice and then brought together as a sandwich. It might be the unhealthiest sandwich "In The World"

fluffernutter-2-720x475.jpg

I feel my favourite is relatively boring, Tomato, cuke and spring onions, unsalted butter on one side, salad cream on the other. Has to be well filled so you can't eat it gracefully.

Home made wholemeal sliced thin.

When i worked in a foundry i used to freeze them overnight and take in a cool bag so almost frozen; really brings out the flavour of a good tomato.

advertisement

Back