advertisement

Sad songs

Pali Gap from the Rainbow Bridge soundtrack. Not really a song cos its instrumental but it gives a taste of what might have been if the Great Man had not been taken from us so suddenly.
I am off to Seattle today and shall be making a pilgrimage to his final resting place.

Mike

Exquisite (& if Elliott Smith covered it.. it's gotta be pretty fkn high on the sad scale!)

It's by ween.

Capt

Last edited:
It's Monday, which is the correct day for sad songs. Poor Mark Linkous who despite having had a profoundly raw deal (& as a result of it) produced consistently gentle, stunning & uplifting music.

Beautiful & sad- one of his best I think. Dreamy video fits it well too (& my perfect-dreamy-lass too!).

Capt

Reactions: kjb
Can’t Cry Hard Enough by Victoria Williams. It has a very particular association for me and I struggle to get all the way through it even now.

Can’t Cry Hard Enough by Victoria Williams. It has a very particular association for me and I struggle to get all the way through it even now.
The only version of this song I've ever heard is by Judy Collins (I assumed it was her song) and it hits hard every time. I'll take a listen to your version and the original shortly.

advertisement

Back