advertisement

S.U.T for Benz Glider SL

John Lamb

pfm Member
Hi I was wondering if anyone had experience with step up transformers and aforementioned cartridge.

I am currently using this into an EAR 834P M/C input, but have read that the MC transformers in the EAR aren't the best.

All the best to you all

For that cart. I'd say quite good enough. I had a Benz Ebony LP into my E.A.R. 912 and it was superb. Okay, that's a higher level for both on-board SUTs and cart., but I'd be very surprised if the result of your pairing was totally out of kilter with mine.

Very closely/identically spec'd SUTs, like any piece of kit, can sound very different, so if curious just try something else. Don't rely purely on an "ideal match" on spec's, close can be very good.

Yeah, for a decent price.

They say, never look a gift horse in the mouth, but a new price so far below that of other "modest" SUTs, to me, that rings alarm bells.

Find a used one to buy, or borrow one..............................

They say, never look a gift horse in the mouth, but a new price so far below that of other "modest" SUTs, to me, that rings alarm bells.

Find a used one to buy, or borrow one..............................
Vinny, my skinflintery has cost me one SUT....never again!

That's the problem Vinny I don't have anyone to borrow off neither do I have a clue as what to buy without losing my mind hehheh

That's the problem Vinny I don't have anyone to borrow off neither do I have a clue as what to buy without losing my mind hehheh

You can always ask here about specifics, but I will repeat my boring advice - "Buy second-hand, wisely. That way you'll not lose money if you hate what you've bought and sell on."

advertisement

Back