advertisement

RYAN SOUND LABS - Coming to the UK?

I am interested in upgrade boards and/or power supplies to take my Naim Pre-Amp to the next level.

• YES - Pre Amp Boards

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • YES - Power Supplies

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Avonessence

Hiking Consistency Rapporteur
Following the production cessation of the fantastic Ryan Sound Labs upgraded Naim boards and power supplies/modules, there is potential that these fantastic upgrade boards/power supplies are to be made available again, from a UK source.

Is there any interest in these upgrade board and power supplies for the Naim Chrome Bumper and Olive series pre-amps?
If yes, select your choice on the poll at the top of this thread.

Hi there, please elaborate.
Kit used to make a very good transcapacitance phono stage (so like the DV Dr T mode) for around £600. It was a two boxer with an external PSU, with loading and gain managed through jumpers. I owned one for about 18 months, and have a certain amount of seller's remorse.

Fully agree on the phono stage. I still have mine, it's a great phono stage. My 72 also has the RSL custom kit.

Kit's card deserve to be made available.

Colin

Following the production cessation of the fantastic Ryan Sound Labs upgraded Naim boards and power supplies/modules, there is potential that these fantastic upgrade boards/power supplies are to be made available again, from a UK source.

Sad to hear they had become unavailable - I certainly love mine. :)

Is there any interest in these upgrade board and power supplies for the Naim Chrome Bumper and Olive series pre-amps?
If yes, select your choice on the poll at the top of this thread.

Sorry, no - as I already have Kit's boards in my NAC 12s.

The 321-equivalent output board and the MPX filter boards added to my NAT01 were a large improvement.

Although you can get 3rd party output boards from places like Avondale or Neil James, Kit was the only person to tackle and redesign the MPX boards, which are just as critical as the output boards. The reason is quite clear, he spent weeks designing and testing the MPX board and sold only a handful. It was a labor of love, rather than a valid business decision.

I would suggest that the pair of boards in the NAT01 offer larger subjective improvements than the impossible to find XPS-T tuner power supply.

advertisement

Back