advertisement

Ryan Adams - New York Times - breaking story

The point I believe is that 'all women are all good' is not a binary yes/no statement and that like there is a sliding scale from golddigger to saint. Which needs to be factored into any consideration of the actions of a man. Do we believe that Mandy Moore thought Ryan Adam's actions and deeds were purely altruistic or did she figure she had something to gain beyond just companionship from their pairing?

Either way, It doesnt excuse him from being a total douche, but let's not pretend all parties here are supposed to be sainted.

Don't think he's actually broken any laws and after months of this shite hasn't been charged with anything.
Women that have been wronged in the USA normally come out on block and take
Legal action.
I'm guessing somebody just wanted to try it on and destroy Ryan's life.
Doubt there's any money to be made here.

Don't think he's actually broken any laws and after months of this shite hasn't been charged with anything.
Women that have been wronged in the USA normally come out on block and take
Legal action.
I'm guessing somebody just wanted to try it on and destroy Ryan's life.
Doubt there's any money to be made here.
I believe it was several women (seven) who accused R A of both sexual and psycholigical abuse one of who was under age, another who was his ex wife and another was a fellow musician. For multiple women to wrongly accuse him of the same thing seems unlikely and also the fact that along with his record company who have shelved the first of a three record deal other sponsors have now also dissasociated themselves with him does seem to give some creedance to thses allegations.
Quite rightly these investigations can take a long time and so just because no charges have been brought at this time doesn't indicate anything and I'd probably wait a while before wading in and accusing women who are possibly the victims of sexual and psychological abuse of having made these allegations up.

If there was easy evidence against him and he folded, then yes. If hes denying it and holding out for court then theyd take much longer to build a case against him before proceeding

How is he holding out for court When he hasn't been charged with anything ?
He hasn't had to give up his passport so can still piss off if he wants.
Sorry but its been almost a year and no charges have been brought,Just here say and Internet shit by the lets get some compo clan chancers
So IMO Inocent until proven guilty still stands.

They get him in for questioning, he either denies that he's broken the law, because he hasn't, or he denies it because he's been advised its tough to prosecute. Given the fbi haven't said there's no charges to answer, id suspect they haven't exhausted all channels yet. You don't have to be charged before you can decide that in the eventuality that you might be that you'll take your chances in court.

For multiple women to wrongly accuse him of the same thing seems unlikely

The investigation was abandoned amid widespread criticism, with the 72-year-old spending more than a year facing accusations he was a child murderer and rapist before he was finally cleared.

Google Sir Cliff Richard and Paul Gambaccini to support your belief system ?

Women’s prison population

• Women make up around 5% of the overall prison population in the UK.
  • The number of women in prison in England and Wales was 3, 831 on 26 July 2019.
  • There were a total of 7,745 receptions into women’s prisons in 2018.
  • Women accounted for 10% of all prison receptions in 2018.
  • The women’s prison population in England and Wales more than doubled between 1995 and 2010, from 1,979 to 4,236 and has since remained around 4,000.

Yet some believe that females can only be 'sugar and spice and all things nice' maybe the spice is the problem ?

Personally, I couldn't give a hoot about what he did or didn't do in this private life, as long as it doesn't involve minors or rape. None of us were there and there's always 3 sides to every story. Mandy got her 15 mins of fame and now nobody gives a damn about her or her mediocre career as a musician.

The guy's a great songwriter, I hope to enjoy more of his music in years to come.

Personally, I couldn't give a hoot about what he did or didn't do in this private life, as long as it doesn't involve minors or rape.

Excellent !

Sexual abuse, violence to women , emotional intimidation and a whole plethora of other shit is OK ?

Let the goos times roll !

Good to see that you have standards though. No rape and no minors . Solid.

Women’s prison population

• Women make up around 5% of the overall prison population in the UK.
  • The number of women in prison in England and Wales was 3, 831 on 26 July 2019.
  • There were a total of 7,745 receptions into women’s prisons in 2018.
  • Women accounted for 10% of all prison receptions in 2018.
  • The women’s prison population in England and Wales more than doubled between 1995 and 2010, from 1,979 to 4,236 and has since remained around 4,000.

Yet some believe that females can only be 'sugar and spice and all things nice' maybe the spice is the problem ?

misterdog

Your views could actually be quite dangerous if anyone took you seriously. So because 5% of the prison population that's 5 in every 100 are female and because you where treated badly by an ex girlfriends then women who make sexual abuse allegations should be treated as liars until proven otherwise.

I say this with compassion as someone whose past overshadowed every aspect of my life until I sought professional help please do the same and try to move on.

If you really looked into the reasons behind why women enter into prison in the U.K instead of cherry picking things that you think support you arguement you would have read that.

• Across the UK, around 12,000 women are imprisoned each year.
  • Although women are less than 5% of those in prison, they account for over 19% of self harm incidents, an indication of the traumatic impact of imprisonment on many.
  • Women entering prison are more likely to have been imprisoned for non-violent offences.
  • Women in prison are highly likely to be victims as well as offenders. Over half the women in prison report having suffered domestic violence with 53% of women reporting having experienced emotional, physical or sexual abuse as a child.

You'll probably accuse me of being some liberal bleeding heart but really using the fact that 5% of the prison population are women of who over half have reported being victims of sexual or physical abuse to support your argument, actually what is your argument?

Excellent !

Sexual abuse, violence to women , emotional intimidation and a whole plethora of other shit is OK ?

Let the goos times roll !

Good to see that you have standards though. No rape and no minors . Solid.

Stop projecting.

advertisement

Back