advertisement

Ryan Adams - New York Times - breaking story

Thetes nothing illegal about shagging wannabe be popstars. I couldn't care less about them. Anything with a minor though is a different ball game.

It's about culpability, Eva has admitted that she often lied about her age.

If you wish to check the source,see my earlier posts.

Certain Pink Fish Mendacity forum members seems to think that such behaviour is acceptable, matt j for example may have read some of the articles accusing Ryan Adams of illegal behaviour. These articles, see N.Y.T. and Daily Mail online.

He has chosen to take the alleged age of Eva in these articles of 16/15/14 years of age and alter them to post online to the world that she was 13, then 12, after I requested a source for his 'facts'.

( I see Natara is now quoting matt j's 'fake news' )

He then accuses me of being a straw man...

Maybe we should crowdfund a mirror for him.

straw man
noun

1. a person regarded as having no substance or integrity.

Jesus wept, I was constantly changing the age on purpose to take the piss out of your weak straw man argument about being obsessed on the debate about whether she was 13, 14 or 15, because clearly that is the most serious crime in regards to Skype sex with minors :rolleyes:

Yeh, you think you were being clever but all you did was confuse other thread readers as to the actual facts by adding to the volume of disinformation.

Paul's point that age isn't immediately obvious is entirely valid, though unlikely to be the decider in any legal case such as this where Adam's had expressed doubts about her age via text during the relationship.

I'll await the FBI decision to prosecute.

My point in all of this was that wether or not this girl was in fact 13,14,15 or 16 or said she was eighteen the fact that Ryan Adams repeatedly asked her age means that he must have had his suspicions that she was possibly a minor and possibly lying about her age and it is at this point that he should have run a mile. At best she was taken advantage of as at that age she would not have been equipped emotionally to make the decisions that by his involvement with her Ryan Adams a fully grown man in his thirties forced her into making. If this was merely an exchange of artistic ideas or a mentor type relationship then clearly there was not any issue but if these allegations are true he needs to be held to account.
To paint Ryan Adams as the victim in all of this is just not on, I would also say that it isn't just the cancellation of his tour but the shelving of his next LP by his distributor and also the severing of several business ventures by the companies involved that point to the fact that wether or not charges are brought then there is some substance to these allegations.
For very personal reasons I do feel strongly about issues such as these as when an older person takes advantage emotionally and or sexually of someone much younger for their own gratification the scars can last long into adulthood and go long undiagnosed causing much suffering and heartache to the victim and their loved ones and so people who have no experience of or real knowledge of these issues should think very, very hard before painting the alleged perpetrator as the victim.

It's about culpability, Eva has admitted that she often lied about her age.
No.

The killers of James Bulger were convicted of murder by a Court so, by definition, not "innocent because of their age".

You seem to be arguing that an underage girl has somehow entrapped a man twice her age.

Given that no one has been killed in the Adam's case, your analogy is perverse at best.

I think the point was that if she had represented herself as underage mr Adam's 'might' have walked on by

I think the point was that if she had represented herself as underage mr Adam's 'might' have walked on by

And they never met in person so no 'hands on' to worry about. Not that he doesn't have something to worry about. A lot of the hot air up thread talks like he was sh*gging her on a regular basis. He had no verifiable way of ascertaining her age over the internet if she didn't explicitly want him to know her true age. All the same.. he has some questions to answer.

Last edited:
And they never met in person so no 'hands on' to worry about. Not that he doesn't have something to worry about. A lot of the hot air up thread talks like he was sh*gging her on a regular basis. He had no verifiable way of ascertaining her age over the internet is she didn't explicitly want him to know her true age. All the same.. he has some questions to answer.

In which case anyone with half a brain would run a mile.

When is it ok to 'assume' someone is guilty? When it appears on social media, when they are arrested or when they are found guilty in a court?
Not everything is always as it seems when you don't have access to all the facts.
You can assume anything you want if you're not on the jury. People seem to think this legal principle means no one is allowed to criticize anyone.

You can assume anything you want if you're not on the jury.

Assumption seems to feature heavily in your belief system.

The media during it's feeding frenzy, portray Ryan Adams as guilty, therefore you assume it to be true.

I wonder how your belief system coped when Sir Cliff Richard was not 'banged up' for his crimes.
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...iff-richard-bbc-court-case-police-press-media

He was never arrested, and it was not until June 2016 that he felt somewhat vindicated when the Crown Prosecution Service announced that it had reviewed claims made against him made by four men and felt there was “insufficient evidence” to warrant him being charged. No further action would be taken, it said.

Or when the accuser of Westminster paedophile ring was jailed for 18 years for false accusations.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...p-paedophile-ring-accuser-jailed-for-18-years

Good luck with your assumptions based on media headlines.

Assumption seems to feature heavily in your belief system.

You ignored my actual point. You know about nothing of my 'belief system,' except what you choose to assume. Far from assuming Ryan's guilt, for example, I'm firmly in the 'I don't know and I don't care' camp.

I hereby invent the term 'Male Justice Warrior' (MJW) in your honor.

Though you feel the need to post on a thread in which you have no interest ?

So when I recently supported a female accused of racism what term would you bestow on me ?
Interesting. Do you generally take a skeptical view of allegations of racism?

What's your take on the term 'white privilege?'

advertisement

Back