advertisement

Ryan Adams - New York Times - breaking story

I am sure all parties knew what was happening or likely to happen. It could have been during his "recreational" heavy usage period.

I'm sure the younger women embarking on a musical career had little idea what a massive prick he would be to them. I'm a massive Adam's fan, but that's just ugly shit from a damaged man.

Narcissistic, self obsessed, love mad, manic depressive. That's why we like him right, we can see that as fans, a teenager with a guitar and dreams of a music career likely wont see that.

I don't care if he's an arsehole who uses his fame to get women, they don't have to take the cocksucking shortcut to success, that's their choice.

But sexting with minors, I hope he gets everything he deserves for that.

The Ryan Adams UK & Ireland tour has been cancelled.

Strange that girls being all sugar and spice, never behave in an inappropriate manner.

The female that I had a 3 month 'relationship' with, failed for reasons other than her lying, cheating and adultery. The other 10 men (that I later found out about) she had relationships in that year all suffered similarly.

The girl who performed a 10 minute lap dance on me at the Nils Frahm concert likewise was not behaving inappropriately.

Girls don't do that.

Not according to the media anyway...

Latest version has her as 16. Not illegal in the UK, but what is the legal age where she was?
She'll have been 18 by the time they finish! :rolleyes:

The Times has reviewed extensive communication between the two, including 3,217 text messages they exchanged over a nine-month period when Ava was 15 and 16. (The Times is identifying Ava, now 20, by her middle name because she was a minor during their online relationship. They never met in person.)

In the texts, Adams questioned Ava repeatedly about her age, and sometimes she said she was older than she was.

The age of consent in Canada is 16. As of August 2018, each U.S. state has set its age of consent at either age 16, age 17, or age 18.

The age of consent in Mexico is complex. Typically, Mexican states have a "primary" age of consent (which may be as low as 12), and sexual conduct with persons below that age is always illegal. Sexual relations which occur between adults and teenagers under 18 are left in a legal gray area: laws against corruption of minors as well as estupro laws can be applied to such acts, at the discretion of the prosecution. These laws are situational and are subject to interpretation.

Wow - some of the responses to this thread. "They're all asking for it, bloody jailbait". I see misogyny is alive and well.

It's about balance.

Someone asked the age of consent in US, I posted an answer for factual record, though I do not know which state (s) was involved.

Your post reads like a Daily Mail headline in reverse.

I see misogyny is alive and well.

If you are including myself in that statement, it shows what an ill informed simpleton you are jumping on the current media feeding frenzy without question.

Social media has much to answer for.

Yeah. Me too. All gone a bit too far. Adams has always been a prick, but a talented one.

BTW apparently he was aged 30 when he was conversing with someone electronically he thought was 18. And as for the disgruntled ex wife who failed in the music business and the failed wannabee's who say that he came on to them in an inappropriate way?

So what. It's not like he was a sixty year old or something.

Given his history of mental health issues I suspect he may not be 'in a good place' and that'll be the line used for cancelling the tour, that and the potential disruption to any concert by protesters.
I've seen him a few times, best being at Carnegie Hall in New York 2014.
I shall reserve judgement on the current accusations til I see what the outcome is, as should everyone else.

Innocent until proven guilty used to be the case before the Twitterati with access to computers decided to judge otherwise, as exemplified by the sheep above.

Those sheep forget the Cliff Richard, Ched Evans and myriad of other false claims in their desire to cosy up with popular opinion shared by their mates on the web.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/201...t-case-oliver-mears-dropped-days-before-trial

Read the 4th paragraph if the entire article is too taxing.

People are having their lives and livelihoods ruined before any legal due process, all fanned by the flames of those so blinkered that they have an attention span of less than, the 5 seconds of fame they enjoy in posting acceptance of the view they think they should support.

Churchill = villain.

Misterdog = misogynist.

Sean = sheep.

Yeah. Me too. All gone a bit too far. Adams has always been a prick, but a talented one.

BTW apparently he was aged 30 when he was conversing with someone electronically he thought was 18. And as for the disgruntled ex wife who failed in the music business and the failed wannabee's who say that he came on to them in an inappropriate way?

So what. It's not like he was a sixty year old or something.
30 is OK but 60 isn't? Why?

Takes two to Tango though.

In the texts, Adams questioned Ava repeatedly about her age, and sometimes she said she was older than she was.

So sometimes she lied.

And they never met in person.

I am not condoning any actions which may have been illegal, just trying to add some balance to the debate.

Not all girls are sugar and spice in the same way not all men are misogynists. Though only one of these statements is deemed headline worthy in the current climate.

Yep, trial by (social) media so he must be guilty. Let’s just cut to the chase and jail him, save a fortune on judges, jury’s and lawyers. What’s not to like about that?

advertisement

Back