advertisement

Russian propagandists asking for an end to Putin

Vinny

pfm Member
If there is a God, I am certain he would not agree with the first bit of this, but stick with it -

God what God ?
By definition God does exist. However it depends on how you think about God.

To me God is an 'it' as we have absolutely no idea what God is. All the evidence we have shows that the Universe started from something very small such as a single superstring (there are other similar theories) that expanded (the so called big bang) to form our physical 10 dimensional Universe.

This raises the question - where is our physical 10 dimensional Universe? As we can only think in terms of the world that we inhabit i.e. in dimensions it is impossible for us to conceive Gods World - some call it the spiritual World and thats as good as any other description i.e. meaningless to us.

Don't confuse God with religion. That latter is Mans way of trying (unsuccessfully) to understand Gods purpose and that is beyond us.

After years of study I'm beginning to think that our Universe is made from vibrations. It may sound crazy but it does fit. I can't walk through a wall even though its almost empty space because of the wave function of the electron and the strength of the electro-magnetic force.

Whether God answers prayers is another mystery.

DV

By definition God does exist. However it depends on how you think about God.

To me God is an 'it' as we have absolutely no idea what God is. All the evidence we have shows that the Universe started from something very small such as a single superstring (there are other similar theories) that expanded (the so called big bang) to form our physical 10 dimensional Universe.

This raises the question - where is our physical 10 dimensional Universe? As we can only think in terms of the world that we inhabit i.e. in dimensions it is impossible for us to conceive Gods World - some call it the spiritual World and thats as good as any other description i.e. meaningless to us.

Don't confuse God with religion. That latter is Mans way of trying (unsuccessfully) to understand Gods purpose and that is beyond us.

After years of study I'm beginning to think that our Universe is made from vibrations. It may sound crazy but it does fit. I can't walk through a wall even though its almost empty space because of the wave function of the electron and the strength of the electro-magnetic force.

Whether God answers prayers is another mystery.

DV
No, God does not exist by definition. If you define God as the stuff we don’t understand, that is, by definition, is not a defining anything, it is opening it up to loser, more amorphous, more porous, descriptors. It is just utilising a word with certain associations and assumptions to try to impose an understanding on something we don’t understand and deploy associations for something we don’t have associations for. It’s just a word for the space between things. If God is to have definition, it has to be defined rather tighter than ‘the stuff we don’t understand’.

Location requires space and space is a rather significant differentiator between "universe" and "not universe", so I'm reasonably confident that the question is meaningless.
In mathematics, there is the concept of an embedded space.

For example, the surface of a sphere is two-dimensional, since any point on it can be specified by just two coordinates (e.g. longitude and latitude). The metric (measure of distance) of the surface may also be defined using the same two coordinates, and this pretty much determines all the relevant mathematics needed to describe the surface. Nevertheless, it is true that the spherical surface is embedded in three-dimensional space.

Whether the concept of an embedded space has any physical significance is another matter.

Sorry for the mathematical pedantry, but as PFM's most prominent "Russian propagandist", I felt I had to say something.

God has always been big in Russia - the tsars were his representatives. And today Putin is backed up by the Orthodox Church - "a miracle of God". Maybe God is Russian.

shameful, really. People with different opinions and prejudices. Reminds me of audio forums.

My partner is a Christian (and went to church this morning). I don't have a religion, but we respect each other's preferences, and live in perfect harmony. Pity about audiophiles.

shameful, really. People with different opinions and prejudices. Reminds me of audio forums.

My partner is a Christian (and went to church this morning). I don't have a religion, but we respect each other's preferences, and live in perfect harmony. Pity about audiophiles.
If only Christianity was all about living in harmony with other peoples preferences.

52930920067_9e79284da6_w.jpg

advertisement

Back