advertisement

Russia, same ole story

Frizzy

Liberal anarchist
We allow Russia to compete In Olympics, we house their oligarchs in Mayfair , we educate their children at our most exclusive schools, private banks launder their money, Malta becomes mcmafia central.
And we threaten sanctions, globalisation has allowed oligarchs and corporations to live lives unhindered by morality or laws.
We could boycott Russia gas, we choose not to!
We allow dictators to flourish, and are shocked when they behave badly, ffs is democracy fit for purpose.

Ironic that Kiev was once their capital. They are either frozen or being eaten alive by mossies. No wonder they have become the geographical equivalent to indigestion.

It isn't RUSSIA tho. It's Government, just like it's Government here, and in America and indeed everywhere. Or if not, then religion. Just another excuse for someone with a tiny knob to grab some pretence of power for a few days. I was in Russia 3 times and guess what? The people, the ordinary us and them that are sitting in the parks, drinking in pubs, watching football...they are exactly like
you and me.
One day, 'The Ordinary People' are going to decide that enough is enough. On their own. With no well educated smart ass egging them on. just; Enough now. Bugger off and we'll do the rest.
Hope i live to see it.

It isn't RUSSIA tho. It's Government, just like it's Government here, and in America and indeed everywhere. Or if not, then religion. Just another excuse for someone with a tiny knob to grab some pretence of power for a few days. I was in Russia 3 times and guess what? The people, the ordinary us and them that are sitting in the parks, drinking in pubs, watching football...they are exactly like
you and me.
One day, 'The Ordinary People' are going to decide that enough is enough. On their own. With no well educated smart ass egging them on. just; Enough now. Bugger off and we'll do the rest.
Hope i live to see it.
Already happened in Russia once. Didn’t help. :(

It isn't RUSSIA tho. It's Government, just like it's Government here, and in America and indeed everywhere.

The dictatorship that is Russia and China is not the same as a government in the U.K. or the U.S.

But then you already know that…

Animal farm, read it when eleven, scarred me for life. Made me cry, rage, and feel the injustice.

Funnily enuf I remember chasing (I was on HMS Arethusa) the Russian warship Kiev thru channel and North Sea when in RN in early eighties. I still have pics of Russian chefs waving at us while throwing gash overboard.
Nothing changes, new despot old problems.

The dictatorship that is Russia and China is not the same as a government in the U.K. or the U.S.

But then you already know that…
It’s an old expression isn’t it? “But then you already know that“. Because the answer is obviously that if I did know that I would not have expressed the opinion that went with it, would I?
If you bore down further into this theory, it simply translates as the corruption of man. It is certainly easier for a dictator to be corrupt, and get away with it, but then it is also evident that governments contain corrupt officials, with some well-known examples currently in the news. Who was it that said “power corrupts, but absolute power corrupts absolutely”?

It’s an old expression isn’t it? “But then you already know that“. Because the answer is obviously that if I did know that I would not have expressed the opinion that went with it, would I?
If you bore down further into this theory, it simply translates as the corruption of man. It is certainly easier for a dictator to be corrupt, and get away with it, but then it is also evident that governments contain corrupt officials, with some well-known examples currently in the news. Who was it that said “power corrupts, but absolute power corrupts absolutely”?

I used the term to acknowledge your rhetoric.
It is a term of phrase that I rarely use.

I would add that a dictator is corrupt by default, in my opinion

my point stands that the U.K. and U.S. are not governed by dictatorships.

I used the term to acknowledge your rhetoric.
It is a term of phrase that I rarely use.

I would add that a dictator is corrupt by default, in my opinion

my point stands that the U.K. and U.S. are not governed by dictatorships.
Where is the line between Dictator and President?
Benign Dictator?
What was Mandela? Peron? Ghandi?
Shades of grey I think.
But I'm also sure that mankind, left to itself, would simply revert to a massive punch up
as it did 4 million years ago
and around we go.

Come on!, if you had bought the Tory party would you be happy?, I doubt the incompetence is limited to the U.K.

Oh I'm sure the nasty party finds hitherto unsuspected levels of competence and efficiency when it comes to bribery, corruption and jobs for the boys... it's what they exist for after all.

advertisement

Back