advertisement

Russell K speakers anyone ?

I posted a similar question months ago. I heard them, they sounded very good against my Harbeths. Pros and cons at the time, but certainly a good speaker.

Enjoyed the ones being played at the Acoustica Chester Show back in March. They were about £1500 I think. Good sound. Challenging looks.

I heard them at the Chester show too, very nice. I think they were using a Naim DAC V1/NAP100. If I was looking for a smallish standmount speaker they'd certainly be on my shortlist.

Heard 50s & 100s at dealers, then 100s at home and was very impressed and good value too.

Fast, dynamic, good bass extension for size... well worth a demo (both models)

My dealer lend me a pair of Red 50 for home audition.

I had them in my system for 2 weeks, but already after the the first day I knew they were something special.

If you are looking for a speaker that sounds live and very natural - go listen. They go right into the heart of the music, and let you hear the emotion and inner beauty of your records.
At times you feel the musicians performing right there in the room with you.

I ended up ordering a pair.

Jazzy, what is the bass like from the red 50? Would you descibe them as fast and detailed and they any good with rock music ?
I would be interested in your views on this

Well, the 50 is a small standmounter, so dont expect any earthquakes. What it it does is follow the bassline like a champ, actually what you hear is not only the the basstone but also the instrument behind. Drums and snares will hit you right between the eyes. But at the same time its a very organic and natural presentation, like real musicians playing real music in your room.

To me they are the discovery of the year. And certainly a type of product that is not customary in the reality of today hifi offer. Very musical boxes showing a dynamic and outstanding turning.They seem to have no ceiling configurations may preside well above its price.

Features unknown in their price level, from purely musical prism. Deep low-end full of tension and information. Strong and very funny.

In this video amplified with Densen B130XS. In this case the K Russell 100

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy89JZ2o5m0

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy89JZ2o5m0[/YOUTUBE]

cheers
dm-10

I listened to a pair of the floorstanders at the recent Signals show in Ipswich. I thought they were really excellent, something special. Russell's a really nice guy to boot.

From Belgium Russell K Red150

2h2dvvd.jpg

Cheers

advertisement

Back